DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Just Another Thought
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Another Thought
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Kudos to the association to do just that, which is what we need more of. It was done then, why can’t it happen again.

Read more at: https://dragracingactiononline...ust-another-thought/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Have had that very thing happen added a stop on backside of pedal to see it could never happen again and no I got real lucky and got it to go back in and got stopped ok-whew!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 404 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
About the same--Some younger people won't understand none of this. I was in the final at Monasas VA many years ago against Royce Miller, yes THAT Royce Miller, and as I staged my brakes went straight to the floor. I signaled that I was broke and backed out. A pin that held the pedal to the rod had fell out. I was lucky as that place had very little shut down.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
We should have a sticky for "in case of" scenarios.

At the racecar shop, we asked questions of our customers and fellow racers all the time. The more you hear what to do in case of an emergency, the more you will just react instead of thinking about what to do.

Not sure if this has anything to do with what happened and not speculating or saying it is. Just a thought this reminded me of, thats all.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 738 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post