DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Reid PG Case stained
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reid PG Case stained
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted
Something at some point spilled onto the top of my Reid PG trans case. Right at the top of the bell housing and just lightly spread down both sides of the bell. I have tried a few times to scrub it off but nothing seems to work. I have tried Brake Kleen, Purple Power, Does anyone have any other options I can try ?

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
POWDERCOAT...

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
spray bbq cleaner works good on aluminum cases.

Posts: 208 | Location: rohnert park, ca | Registered: January 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Yeah. The SFI will be expired next year. I will do something then.

quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
POWDERCOAT...

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
I will try it out. Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by partsbob:
spray bbq cleaner works good on aluminum cases.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Make sure you protect the cert stickers or you may end up with them peeling too.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Try toilet bowl cleaner, works great on aluminum intakes. The kind that comes in the squeeze bottle with the bent neck. The Dollar Tree sells it and for a buck you can't beat it.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of drampage
posted Hide Post
Try using Mag Wheel cleaner if the case is not painted of course. this cleans aluminum pretty good in most cases.

Posts: 144 | Location: west palm beach | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will work on it this weekend.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
LA's Totally Awesome....Dollar Store. If you get the yellow not the orange just make sure you don't leave it on to long.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post