DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    700 Plus Dyno Sheet Pump Gas engine under 500 cubes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

700 Plus Dyno Sheet Pump Gas engine under 500 cubes?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The thread is 700 plus *Dyno Sheet* Pump gas under 500 cubic inches.... Whatcha got?

Nothing so far.

Apparently it is easy,.... for me, off the trailer. Smile

Everything is easy until ya gotta produce evidence it's easy.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Regardless, nice build(s)/examples across the board. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Regardless, nice build(s)/examples across the board. Wink

Thank ya Sir,

This is the next in line going in a friends fully restored/rotissere 70 Nova SS. You can see we cut the intake plenum down .750 thou, then put a .250 thick 4 hole phenolic heat spacer.

I use the Holley Track Warrior intakes because they're the lowest open plenum. This car has a flat hood, we're hoping it'll fit but worse case, we have a steel 2" cowl hood waiting in the wings for paint. Super nice Muncie 4 sp 1970 Nova Super Sport.

I've got another identical, except 468 I ordered the Clay Smith Hydraulic roller cam last night. GM crank, Eagle H beam rods, Rollmaster billet timing chain, all the goodies.

After that I have 3 496's to do, one, the 4 bolt block I rode to West Palm beach to pick up. We're putting the Crower Beast hydraulic roller in that one. Edelbrock intake, ported on that one,it'll also see the dyno.

This intake has been ported as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
The thread is 700 plus *Dyno Sheet* Pump gas under 500 cubic inches.... Whatcha got?

We don't race dyno's much up here or have dyno wars so do I need to actually have a dyno sheet to play along ?? Does the date need to match my time line within the last century ??

Actual in car performance with vehicle weight and mph mean nothing in this game ???

Not trying to doubt/challenge or criticize your build Mike it's solid, but it's nothing out of the ordinary in the big block world.

I think Ed's and Rich's combo was super cool back in the day and ran incredible for what it actually was !!

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:

We don't race dyno's much up here or have dyno wars so do I need to actually have a dyno sheet to play along ?? Does the date need to match my time line within the last century ??

Actual in car performance with vehicle weight and mph mean nothing in this game ???

Not trying to doubt/challenge or criticize your build Mike it's solid, but it's nothing out of the ordinary in the big block world.

I think Ed's and Rich's combo was super cool back in the day and ran incredible for what it actually was !!

Nobody said it was a competition. If it was a competition I would't have a Track Warrior intake on it.

I put a track Warrior on these because they're going in flat hood muscle cars, and it's the lowest open plenum intake available.

Yeah, i'd say it's solid. Ya'll are giddy to be close vs a 10:1 pump gas BBC with hydraulic roller cam and a Track Warrior intake, seriously?.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
And not to toot my own horn but Ed's engines had GM Iron OVAL port heads.

Toot away Rich

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with iron oval ports?

A lot of people prefer em, you included obviously.

I had iron square ports on a 060 over BBC 427, went 135 @ 3775 lbs.

Guess who built it?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like pump gas has a BIG future in drag racing, with fuel prices skyrocketing.

I've never played with low compression, was curious to see what others have found.

That's all this thread is.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Sure you did. No one believes a fucing thing you claim, no one !

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Sure you did. No one believes a fucing thing you claim, no one !

Sure did.

Ask Kenny White abomination Firebird like yours.

The Strip Dominator intake I had on it was his.

427 060 over 3775 lbs, 135 mph.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anything I work on is typically the fastest thing in the parking lot, pound for pound.

Outrunning you is nothing Ed.

These guys were already fast, but they're even faster now, ask em.