DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    700 Plus Dyno Sheet Pump Gas engine under 500 cubes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

700 Plus Dyno Sheet Pump Gas engine under 500 cubes?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Whatcha got?

This is a pump gas RIPPER 496 Big Block Chevrolet, Crower hydraulic roller camshaft for a Street / Strip clean factory condition third gen Camaro on a DOT 275 radial tire, we ran on the dyno this past weekend.

Muscle Machining Clearwater Fl. ran another 496 pump gas engine on the dyno before ours, made 620hp, I figured at that point we were in BIG TROUBLE with a tight dyno! The other engine seemed on paper to be as good with a Crower solid roller camshaft and ported 990 square port heads, same SRP 10.5:1 compression pistons, stroke and bore!

I was wrong!!

What have ya got in this engine realm, 700 plus hp under 500 cubic inches?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is gonna be a hellride on the street XHS XHD TSI street / strip 9" converter 5100 stall n/a.

6000 stall with big shot plate system.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
Why is the date the 4th of February 2009? 13 years ago?

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sr4440:
Why is the date the 4th of February 2009? 13 years ago?

Joe

Dunno why Joe, not my computer programming, that was from this past Monday morning.

Here's the one we made this past Saturday night March 31 2009, just after getting it on the stand. Smile

The only reason I was interested in putting the engine on this dyno, was because the hp & torque numbers being reported, seemed realistic in comparison to another local dyno which seemed to produce unrealistic hp & torque numbers.

A friend with a 434 thinks his 23 sbc made 823 hp according to the other local dyno. That doesn't seem realistic to me, with out of the box cylinder heads.

This particular dyno on the other hand, seemed like a worthwhile challenge.

In reality, it's just numbers which can be improved or made worse, according to changes to the engine.

We had a shootout with another 496 on the same day, ours made almost 100 hp more.

Once we reached 700 hp I pulled the plug, this isn't mine to beat on, but it had more, 15-20 more easy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good job on that 496.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sir, we gonna have some fun with this car on the street.

I've got a 462 with a GM crank and Eagle rods to complete, I just ordered another Clay Smith 160-3105 hydraulic roller from Summit late last night, and rod & main bearings. Luv that cam, I bet it'll make 600 hp plus with a dominator carb and a little work on the intake. 620 569 237 241 107.

I'm gonna try to keep it but I've got a couple people bidding on it, muscle cars.

I have another 496 in the works too.

Thanks again!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
as usual retard you're late to the party!

been there done that 17 years ago, 2005 with 28 less cubic inches, a 4150 carb and no chinese junk parts!

SCDIV1 aka Rich Biebel built this 11:1 pump gas, cast iron oval port headed 468 engine with a street roller cam topped with a Victor Jr. intake and 4150 carb that made north of 700HP and accelerated my 3880 lb. Chevelle with power steering and power brakes to a best of 10.07 @ 131 with a 1.28 60 foot off the footbrake and through a full exhaust.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You haven't built anything in 30 years of drag racing.

This thread is about a 10:1 pump gas, hydraulic roller camshaft BBC, it's builder took to run on a dyno.

Made 710 hp off trailer, pump gas.

When did you do that?

Never.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No this thread is about…

”700 Plus Dyno Sheet Pump Gas engine under 500 cubes” which wasn’t a big deal 2 decades ago, done regularly by Lingenfelter and others including our very own SCDIV1, no mind now in 2022.

No one here is impressed by your very ordinary pile of shyt nor cares as evident by the lack of replies which is typical with your threads.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Obviously it's not a big deal, I did it with china cylinder heads, off the trailer.

It would be a big deal if you did it, because you can't.

You don't have the nads, nor the know how.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
retard I have the nads and the know how however I have the one thing you don’t have… the $$$$, along with the experience and the knowledge to have the best professional engine builders, trans builders, carb builders and chassis builders to provide me with top flight equipment for my championship caliber and winning race program!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You're a know nothing do nothing, so you have to have money.

Know how 3200 lb 23 sbc mph record 6.40 or slower.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Regard, no one here with half a brain was ever impressed with that time slip nor any of your pathetic performance rants nor your high school auto shop skills, NO ONE!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Know nothing Ed when he see's unprecedented performance he can't achieve, no matter how much he throws at it.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Retard, keep selling that claim to the clueless, the naive and misinformed in your trailer park but it hasn’t worked here nor your former lurking ground YB and won’t ever! You have not in over 3 years here nor will not ever get contracted to build one engine nor one transmission from any of the regulars/daily posters here!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Unprecedented

n/a 23 sbc out of the box conventional non raised runner cylinder heads, 3200 lbs.

Who has outrun it? No one.

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Ed is right Mike.............
It's actually pretty easy to achieve these numbers, it's nothing new.
Many people make less power but with a little research and common sense 700 is easily achievable. That's why I stick with the stock block 454 stuff, it's easy Razz
Dyno numbers are easy, the real test will be the time slip. 700 dyno hp in a 3300 true street car should run low 10's @ 130+ easily.

I just went 9.85 @ 138 mph at 3400lbs with a 11.5 496 with steel 990 heads and 259/266 cam on gas, my first ever stroker combo attempt. Used mismatch of parts and old wore out block I had layin around. I'm happy but not surprised.

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Come to think of it ...... 25 years ago a good friend built a pump gas 496 for his 68 Camaro using dart 310's and a small street roller. Made 680hp on Tony Fiels dyno.

Started out running 10.70's as a street car and eventually dipped into the nines when it was more racy. One freshen up and still running today .

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
HS professor…KNOWS!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
And not to toot my own horn but Ed's engines had GM Iron OVAL port heads.....

Not out of the box brand new aluminum heads that are a available in just about any configuration you want....

It took a lot of work to make those heads make good power and without the use of a flow bench and no hi tech modern seat and guide machine....

Old school all by hand the way it used to be done.... USA

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post