Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by DRE    CAROLINA POWERFEST Oct. 11-13, 2013 @ Fayetteville Motorsports Park
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CAROLINA POWERFEST Oct. 11-13, 2013 @ Fayetteville Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big FACEBOOK fan but everyone keeps telling me to "get on board" so I started a page about a month ago. I have since been blocked TWICE for sending out tooooo many friend requests, lol! Apparently FACEBOOK has never been to a big race to see first hand the amount of people that is involved with this sport.

Anyways, send me a request.....I CAN STILL ACCEPT THEM, I JUST CAN'T SEND THEM.... if you are interested in this event or just want to add more friends for future info.

Facebook.com/Carolina.powerfest

Thanks, Tony

Posts: 118 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ATTN: Stock/SS combo racers...
I came up with a cool idea this weekend at Darlington and I just got the approval from Anthony & Michael. I am going to be giving away, prior to first round of the combo race, a FREE tech card for the Auto Meter Class Nationals in 2014. This will be a random drawing for everyone who enters and passes tech to run the combo race and it will be NO charge. The fairest way possible is complete random, luck of the draw winner.

Also, I want to introduce the DASH-4-CLASS run off after TT's. This will be a $10 entry and the closest to the dial will also win a Weekend Tech Card for the 2014 Class Nat's. The winner of the "DASH" will not be eligible for the random drawing.

So at this years Carolina POWERFEST, we will be sending 2 lucky racers to Columbus for what looks like an awesome event.

Tony Saraceni

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony Saraceni,

Posts: 118 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of AndrewPRG
posted Hide Post
That isn't a bad deal at all. Good to see other promoters helping out on this deal.

Protege Race Graphics
MOD 1202

Posts: 94 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: June 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of LEGEND
posted Hide Post
This is for the Stock Super Stock racers correct?

Chip Johnson
4 Time World Champion

Posts: 2558 | Location: Fayetteville N.C. | Registered: December 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks Chip for pointing that out. I edited my post, hope it is clearer.

Tony

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well racers, we are down to ONE MONTH from today before we start parking rigs. I know everyone has bracket finals on their minds and as most of the country starts winding the season down the Carolina's is just starting to heat up. Don't forget, IHRA & NHRA bracket finals champs, Raider ET Challenge champs and Carolina Coalition champs all get a FREE weekend tech card for this years event. See everyone in October!

Tony

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
3 WEEKS TO GO! How quickly time passes....since its going on the end of the year, and that means Bracket Finals time, keep in mind that a lot of you racers that win your bracket finals as well as Carolina Coalition and Raider ET challenge champs get a full weekend tech card (and a racer only shirt) FREE for this years Yuengling Carolina POWERFEST presented by Kangaroo stores.

Good luck to everyone and I will see a lot of you in the upcoming weekends as I will be out and about will a trunk full of flyers.

Tony

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We are down to 2 weeks! I had a few calls about double entering so here is the deal....each car can go down the track a maximum of 2 times during each round of eliminations. Any combo will work as long as your car passes tech for that class. Good luck to everyone at Piedmont this weekend and I will see you there. Stop me if you need more info and I will be happy to talk to you.

Tony

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Allred
posted Hide Post
Tony, The PA is weak at FMSP. Will there be a radio station used to listen to announcements / calls to run? I see a big car count and folks parked beyond hearing range (back 40) at this race. Thanks!

Mike Allred
El Camino footbraker

Posts: 282 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Fonzie a few weeks ago and we are going to have lights in the overflow field. If I'm not mistaken, the radio station is 88.1 but don't quote me on that...I know there is a radio station for the track. I will make sure we get that taken care of before the race.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Allred
posted Hide Post
Sounds good Tony! I should've asked the radio question a long time ago! Counting the days.

Mike Allred
El Camino footbraker

Posts: 282 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1 week to go! From the phone calls and emails we should have a solid turnout. Kangaroo stores are getting their SECOND batch of 50,000 FREE TICKETS tomorrow and they are going fast. So if you have never raced in front of 15,000 screaming fans....you might wanna come down and enter!

The FREE racer shirts are going to be here tomorrow and they look great, Fun Factor is bringing 2 bouncy houses and an 18' slide for the kids, I'm going to finish the BIG checks this weekend and start collecting all the free bees and cool stuff to bring out early next week. The times are posted on CarolinaPowerfest.com as well as FayettevilleMotorSportsPark.com but just a reminder that early parking is on Thursday from 5pm-10pm, get there early for a premium spot.

This is shaping up to be an awesome event! I look forward to seeing everyone there and I can't wait to give all this money & prizes away....see you next week

Tony Saraceni
910 751 0704

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We are looking forward to it Tony!!! Thanks for putting the effort into making it a success!!

Jason McLawhorn
Greenville, NC
1955 Chevy
Best Et 6.35 @ 106 mph
car_zpsa230c20a photo car_zpsa230c20a.jpg

Posts: 636 | Location: Greenville, North Carolina | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Murphy Jr
posted Hide Post
whats the dbl entry rules there?

Posts: 230 | Location: Next 2 You Whomping :) | Registered: September 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Great question! I think I answered it on Facebook for ya but I wanted to post it here as well. Double entries are permitted. Each car can go down the track a maximum of 2 times each round. So if you are a Stock/SS racer you may also enter in either TOP or F.B. but not all 3. If you run in F.B., You may double enter in F.B. or run one in TOP and 1 in F.B.

Just remember, 2 tech card max per car. I hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to call me @ 910 751 0704

Thanks, Tony

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was over at Fayetteville yesterday & got a flyer. I'm planning on racing Friday & Saturday with Sunday undecided. On Friday it notes dash @4:30 with 1st rd. to follow, if the 4 hrs of time runs were tightened up, two rounds of racing could be run before total darkness?

HR901

Posts: 19 | Location: Goldsboro, NC | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Your correct....the reason we are starting late is to give as many racers as much time as possible to get to the track. The weekend tech card is the best deal going and with so many racers within a 3 hour tow, a lot of them can work a 1/2 a day or even a full day depending on what their schedules are. I have had calls from Melbourne, FL-----Johnson City, TN-----Jersey & PA just to name a few. Those folks have traveling to do as well so this schedule seemed to work best for everyone. If you look at most 3 day events you need to leave Wednesday in order to make your 1st time run Friday morning, not so at this race.

Tony

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that the weekend forecast is the same as it's been since they posted the 10 day forecast....mid 70's and sunny all 3 days. Beautiful weather and lots of racing this weekend and I look forward to seeing everyone at FMSP. The winners and R/U BIG CHECKS are ready....the free racer shirts are ready (and looking good) so tell all your friends to come on down to Fayetteville for what looks like a big weekend of fun and racing. I CANT WAIT!

Tony

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lee Norton
posted Hide Post
Weather forecast is looking absolutely perfect.

Who's coming?

Posts: 638 | Location: racertees.com | Registered: December 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Starting time at Fayetteville don't matter---they routinely race 1/2 the night.....Looks like this is going to be a good one. For those that have never been there this is a real good track just a stones throw from I-95. You won't be sorry if you show up....... Double Thumbs up

Posts: 4678 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post