DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Dial In Or Index Racing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dial In Or Index Racing?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I like index racing....

Pro light
no shoe polish

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4453 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I dial in raced for 22 years and have been index racing for the last 8 years. I like that divisional and national events finish around 6pm and you have a chance to see and hang out with people you don’t get to see to often.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
I like both. They each present their own challenges and I love it.

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLIND MULE 2217:
The index stuff around here has been popular since the ORSCA days....that was fun, real racing. 3000lbs 10.5 tire max, no stops, and .400 pro tree on a 7.0 and 6.0 index. None of our stuff is on a .500 tree and it shouldn't be. My wagon weighed 3000lbs would run 7.70s and I could be .015-.020 on a .400 tree. Now it's more run whatcha brung but still no stops allowed. In 7.0 you better be .020 or better or leave your ramps and straps out cause it will be an early day.

What do you run in the 1/4?

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
Never ran the wagon quarter mile as there were no races but My mustang weighed 3200 with me in it. Would run 10.70s. In the quarter. Ran 7.00 and some s/st. Had .010 in the box on a .400 tree. .110 to go green in s/st flickering the stage bulb on. 25" front tire with a 28 10.5w rear . Leaving at 4800.

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I like index racing. I run D/G, 10.60, in my hay hauler and the .400 tree is a challenge. I can't cut a light with a knife. The Heritage series is all nostalgia, no electronics. My son runs the truck in dial in. He doesn't like the pro tree in our heavy turd. 4000# is hard to get moving.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hello All.
I like both, but would rather run the .90 classes. I generally run 5 to 8 Divisional a year. It is not as easy as some think. You just don't set the computer on cruise control and let it go. You need to watch the weather as it effects the ET drastically when on the stop.
Plus as said earlier at the divisional everything is kind of on a schedule, so you get to spend time with family and friends eating/Drinking BSing and generally having a good time.
Cal SST 1177

Posts: 46 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: November 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oh I love index racing, but I'm footbraking and with zero electronics-other than an MSD 6AL box.

I also love bracket racing, and to me index racing IS bracket racing; but with both cars having the exact same dial-in, in my case, 6.00 because that's what the car runs flat footed.

I have in the past tried index'ing with the transbrake and a throttle stop (7.0) and honestly the challenge changed from getting the light to adjusting the car to (A) cut a light and (B) adjustments to the throttle stop, and not so much MY (driver)'s program. I found the footbrake index stuff is a lot more fun.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post