New
Find
Notify
Tools

Locking 'Em Up
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
The NHRA Rulebook is pretty clear on this; or are they?

https://dragracingedge.com/the-blog/locking-em-up/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
The last two paragraphs are a lead-in to a sorely needed tech article.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Finish line camera all races, suggested long ago.. I think NHRA has set the bar for what they will tolerate. Ask Chip..
Think about the front contact patch and then the rear. There is a huge difference besides weight. Thank god carbon fiber brakes are not allowed in stock! Driving styles certainly differ but hammering the brakes time after time? It’s only a matter of time in my opinion.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The wording from the rule book
quote:
Anytime it has been judged that excessive braking has resulted in loss of control that results in contact with the guardwall and/or light fixtures or crossing the center boundary lines, INCLUDING PAST THE FINISH LINE, the contestant will be disqualified.

According to that if you don't hit the guard rail, timing equipment of cross the center line you're not violating the rule.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had one tire customer replace fronts 8 times in one year....not saying he was smoking them but he only used one set of slicks. Never saw him lose control. But driving the finish is part of it and if you hold a couple instead of 5 or 6 its less likely they lock them up.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yrs ago i had problems with the left frt. tire locking up when braking hard,i put a pressure limiter to the frt. brakes and i can hit them hard and it will not lock up frt. brakes.Also i keep the frt. end low so when hitting brakes more weight is transferred to the frt. tires so they grab better,it works for me,lol.
HAMMER 7316
RON NICKELS.

Posts: 1015 | Location: LIVERMORE CA. | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
The last two paragraphs are a lead-in to a sorely needed tech article.

Has Luke not already spewed enough classified information to the public already?

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post