New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Normal
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
"I was a little… disheartened but maybe that’s not the right word… to watch on TV the NASCAR race this past weekend from Darlington."

https://dragracingedge.com/the...-new-normal-blog-84/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
NHRA, like NASCAR, will choose to be total and complete slaves to political correctness, so we'll see the ridiculous masks, social distancing, etc. It's all just theater to appease the "shelter in place" morons.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
NHRA, like NASCAR, will choose to be total and complete slaves to political correctness, so we'll see the ridiculous masks, social distancing, etc. It's all just theater to appease the "shelter in place" morons.

I don't disagree. But when you are in the entertainment business, you sometimes have to set your standard to what doesn't offend the most easily offended among us. When you depend on the masses to pay your bills, you can't afford to offend even moderately sized groups.

Also, I have seen some people really critical of businesses who are adhering the best they can to all of the recommendations. It's easy for us to pound our fist on the table and talk about our convictions when it comes to this crazy virus. But all it takes is one crazy assed Health department official to shut you down or one person to get terribly sick and blame your business for negligence, and you have an expensive legal battle on your hands that could bankrupt your business and ruin you financially. It's not as easy to just stand your ground when you and your family depend on your business. So you make accommodations and modifications and do what you can.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Well when we see John Force wearing a baby blue surgical mask without any logo on it in a interview...We'll know life is over as we know it.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post