DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Two Things On My Feeble Mind
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two Things On My Feeble Mind
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
"If those two instances don’t make drag racing history, I don’t know what does."

https://dragracingedge.com/the...s-on-my-feeble-mind/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Really a great year for “BRACKET RACERS “ ! And how often do you see this caliber of racing in Any other sanctioned races . Life changing wins !

clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
none have paid the winner life changing $

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed, my bet is Sisko and Serra have better days with the money they won...that's life changing or NO?

Both had impressive wins but drove for someone else which split the money up more...

Just what I witnessed with my own eyes...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Chris, better days ain't life changing. Many competing at these events make more $ every year at their job/or business than any million winner has walked away with. Some make a lot more.

Sisko continues to go to work everyday. Serra races to keep a roof over his head.

If the day ever comes that the winner actually walks away with 1 million dollars then it can be called life changing but I still don't consider $600k after taxes life changing.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I beg to differ. $600k may not be life changing to you Ed because apparently your life is so perfect. But $600k to me would be. Hell 100K would be. All debt payed off and a healthy amount left over in the bank is life changing. Just the stress alone of having things paid for and not have to worry about it is life changing. Just because its not life changing to you in your opinion doesn't mean its not to someone else.

Stephen Liss jr

Posts: 329 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
h3ll when I win $500 at my local outlaw track I consider that life changing since it doesn't very often.

ep-life changing is in one's perspective

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
I can see where "life changing" is a subjective term. IMO, most people would consider the amount of money that both the winner and runner up took home would be life changing. I'm with Stephen that having bills paid or being able to put money away or invest it would be life changing. It may not mean the individual can stop working and go out and buy a complete new racing operation, etc., but it will certainly change their life in some form or another.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So we come to find that if you live in Idaho and Wisconsin apparently $100k is "life changing" money, at least to these two broke dycks. Laughing very hard

Meanwhile, I know kids fresh out of college making more than that.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Don’t let PAULEY fool ya he long long way from broke dyck

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Pauly is good people and a funny MFer

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Don’t let PAULEY fool ya he long long way from broke dyck

busted down Whomper

ep-1290 got to see first hand how I roll at VMP the other week. he did not help me but was there for moral support. just so you know 1290, watching did not help my tire get on the wheel. thanks for nothing.

I am comic relief where ever I go

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
as you noted, I was there for moral support and you know from your time here, I don't get my hands dirty, I write checks. Laughing Hard Besides, you were working those spoons like a seasoned Pro, figured you done this before. You Da Man

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
ED, what do you mean not life changing they now buy a case of beer not just a 12 pack ....hahaha

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Amazing.

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post