DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Beal Racing Engines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beal Racing Engines
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted
Has anyone had dealings with Beal Racing Engines? I am considering buying a new engine for my bracket dragster. They have what I am looking for at a reasonable price and I can drive to Thomasville, NC from Jacksonville, Fl to pick it up and save the shipping charges. Are they honest to deal with? Are they helpful with assistance as needed? Thanks for any feedback.

Posts: 42 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: August 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’m a little bias but I’d stop at PAR....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
Par has some great engines but 15,000 is about my limit and I am looking for 1000 horsepower naturally aspirated.

Posts: 42 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: August 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Then give SCOTT a call I believe I’ll be very close...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think if you look, Howard Day won his Div in Super Gas with a Andy Beale engine. He can afford to buy from anyone and has had zero trouble with the engines or service from Andy Beale in the past 4 years.....He also went 139+MPH 0n the stop and a 750 carb at Rockingham where he won the race. I don't think you will be disappointed, and you will save a ton of money.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Andy and his dad Ronnie are great people, I don't think you will be disappointed

Posts: 142 | Location: Ashland,Va | Registered: March 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
No personal experience, but I do see a lot of there stuff around in some pretty quick cars.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
If you're willing to drive to north Carolina check Nesbitt performance. Very affordable, reliable and powerful engines.

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
I'm VERY biased - PAR

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Everyone is going to recommend who they use. I know Tommy Plott uses them and wins a lot of races and doubles all the time putting a bunch of laps on every weekend

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by C Hodge:
Everyone is going to recommend who they use. I know Tommy Plott uses them and wins a lot of races and doubles all the time putting a bunch of laps on every weekend[/QUOTE
Definitely a big $$$ hitter!]

Posts: 373 | Location: Shelbyville Indiana | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I did this one for a guy in the neighborhood lives a couple miles 548 cid 5-6 years ago. Nesbitt just punched it 565, changed the camshaft and bigger intake valves. Supposed to make some good 4.70 power year round now (aluminum tall block). The owner says Nesbitt is a nice guy, and completely happy with outcome/upgrades.

I bought a set of sbc cylinder heads from Scotty, he does exactly what he says he's gonna do, I can tell ya that.

The other guy Beal I hear is good as well. Just depends on who you like, who you think the deal goes off smooth with the least amount of drama. Talk to all three. Personally I can get along with anyone who does what they say their gonna do with no significant changes in the story. Trustworthy

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I’ve known Andy and Ronnie for a long time. They always did my BBC stuff, and always treated me right. If I ever decide to get back into it then my motor will come from them. Unless it’s a SBC... my dad has always done me right on them.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. I have narrowed it down to Beal or Hartbeat Racing. I will make a decision in the next two weeks. Please continue to post recommendations.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ballz
posted Hide Post
Dave at Heartbeat is good peeps

Posts: 313 | Location: west palm beach, fla. usa | Registered: June 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
X2 Dave is a good dude.

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a 632 from Andy, I love mine.

Posts: 62 | Location: south carolina | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post