New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Breaking News
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
The Dodge NHRA Finals presented by Pennzoil at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway will be cancelled.

Now we wait again for the same few nobodies to state they read it on social media 3 days ago Wrong

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
Posted on Facebook yesterday and widely talked about at the Gators this past weekend. They were hoping since the track was outside the city that it would be able to happen but apparently not.

"Now we wait for the same azz clwn to try and be the officially underground spokesperson on day late dollar short info"

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
No spectators allowed at massive facility for NASCAR races at Vegas this past weekend, so this is hardly any surprise.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
NHRA should bring it back to Texas and the Texas Motorplex. Were allowed 30K people in the grandstands.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this will affect the Divisionals, Jegs Sportnationals and the Vegas Fling event. They are all before the Finals

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard anything about the other Vegas events. Word is the season final will be at Gainesville.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Haven't heard anything about the other Vegas events. Word is the season final will be at Gainesville.

All you have stated here is exactly what was being discussed in Gainesville this past weekend, hence the "word is" comment. there was also talk of bringing it to Houston or Dallas late November.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
word is from NHRA, not "comment" NahNahTounge

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think that is a good idea to move the NHRA finals to Texas. The air there must be a lot healthier than it is here in Nevada, seeing as how our Governor sent the NFR packing back to Texas, even though if it is a matter of having an indoor event, we have the new Raiders stadium with a retractable roof and if that isnt enough, the UNLV football stadium doesnt have a roof at all. So it cant be lack of venues behind the decision to not hold an event here. Not pointing any fingers, Im just afraid that Las Vegas is getting so deep in the hole that is being dug, that it is going to be real hard to climb out.
Just my humble observations.
Scott Horsley

Posts: 294 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
The finals at G-ville makes a lot of sense. It's an NHRA owned track, Florida has relaxed or eliminated COVID restrictions (restaurants and bars are at full capacity)and the weather will be decent that time of year.

I attended the Gatornationals last weekend, still needed a mask to get in (as per NHRA rules), but once in and later in the day most were not wearing a mask, including some LEO's and even a few NHRA employees.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The divisional after the NHRA Finals in Vegas will be moved up to replace the National event. No spectators at divisional events. Its a win win for NHRA. They get a sanctioning fee (about $14k) plus $15.00 for every car over 300. NHRA only has to provide a few employees for the event so divisionals are a cash cow and NHRA won't get rid of them.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1006 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not today satan. Revolt FTW

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
word is from NHRA, not "comment" NahNahTounge

Fake News! Only rumors, hearsay and possibilities! Nothing etched in stone.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just a question here that seems obvious. If they were going to move the finals because of no spectators then why not the event before it as LVMS as well? I mean its the proceeding race. No reason to hold it as no SEMA this year which is where NHRA has their yearly meetings and comes out with the next years schedules. So if they are moving one why not both. Makes no sense to me if it is being done to gain spectators why have either there.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 987 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I have three friends qualified for the bracket finals at The Finals and was hearing over the weekend that the professional classes were probably going to be removed from the event, at minimum.

It’ll be a fun mini-vacation wherever we end up, and whenever it is!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
The "rumor" was all over the facility at the Gators this weekend. Not a lot of mask wearing going. Was axed at the auto supply store to wear one, though.

Other than getting to the finish line a foot or two early I had a fun weekend.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The masks have been a joke from the beginning here in Florida.

I was in the process of telling an arab convenient store clerk to F off about putting one on to enter his store, when a Pinellas County sheriff walked in, no mask. The gal at the other register about fell over laughing. She rang me up.

Nobody I know has ever wore a mask, and they were mandatory for a couple months.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
The "rumor" was all over the facility at the Gators this weekend. Not a lot of mask wearing going. Was axed at the auto supply store to wear one, though.

Other than getting to the finish line a foot or two early I had a fun weekend.

They wouldn't even let you in the gate without a mask and a temp. check. And there were officials walking around the pits all day telling people they had to put their mask on in certain areas.

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
DeSantis changed all that today.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
DeSantis changed all that today.

Yep, We're getting out in front on the next upcoming vaccine Revolt.