DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Does anyone make an UpSwept Weld up header kit??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone make an UpSwept Weld up header kit??
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I can only find down swept weld up header kits. Looking for BBC application. Need upswepts for my old car to be able to pull the other car forward more in the trailer. I'd consider buying some off someone, but don't have paypal so I'd have to be able to pick them up. Somewhere close around raliegh area.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hedman 65943 is the 2 1/8"
Hedman 65944 is the 2 1/4"
Both come with weld on collectors

Posts: 10 | Location: Ventress La. | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think these are for pulling trucks like straight up. I need the dragster headers. Do you think I could just roll them back 45* or something?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Might call Performance Welding Mark Lelchook.
He built an upswept set for his Comp car and I believe they were a tic quicker.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4469 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
I can only find down swept weld up header kits. Looking for BBC application. Need upswepts for my old car to be able to pull the other car forward more in the trailer. I'd consider buying some off someone, but don't have paypal so I'd have to be able to pick them up. Somewhere close around raliegh area.

What size you want? I am a Hedman dealer. They do not offer a weld up kit but do offer upswepts in raw, alum ceramic coated or Satin black.

Posts: 910 | Location: The problem with your gene pool is that there's no lifeguard... | Registered: April 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crisco:
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:

What size you want? I am a Hedman dealer. They do not offer a weld up kit but do offer upswepts in raw, alum ceramic coated or Satin black.

I'd like to get 2 1/4" preferably. Block or ceramic would be fine. Just trying to keep it cheap

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
In Michigan million we pull a head off Kendall Littles car with borla upswepts, rocks on valves and on top of piston on multiple cylinders...had em 20 years ago, would never consider using them again for that reason alone. Flappers required and still wont use em...JMO

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have two sets for sale they are in the classified section if you want to check them out or give me a call 317-418-8790

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
If you're going to weld them, you could buy whatever you want. You don't need a kit.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post