DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Good for Mike Trout!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good for Mike Trout!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
FWIW, Everything I have heard about Mike Trout has been positive.
I know people that are in the same hunting club with him and he is just a fellow hunter according to their accounts.

I know no one attacked him, but from what I understand he is providing funding to his High School in Millville.

I was hoping that he would sign with the Phillies once his contract was up.

It is crazy the amount of money sport stars/celebrities make, while most of us here build/sell or just work hard everyday and will not make 10% of that in a lifetime.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
10% Shake head

Pretty safe to say nobody here is going to make $43 million in their lifetime....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
never heard of the guy, and I am not going to look him up....

Posts: 81 | Location: Ringtown, Pa. | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DARTSPORT:
never heard of the guy, and I am not going to look him up....

I will admit that when I read the title, I thought it was a race winner or something. Then later I heard it on the news.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had the same questions as to whether he served, who his salary helps, etc. But knowing a few people who have or still are pro players making a decent salary, I know that they give quite a bit back. For one, if they just stick it all in the bank, it's taxed heavily. That's partially averted with donations, etc. So without knowing where all that money goes, I can't say anything negative about it. For all we (I) know, part of that $40 something mil per year is donated to St Jude or make-a-wish, whatever. One of my good friends ran world of outlaws for a while and gave a good portion of his winnings to charities, and not for tax purposes alone.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post