DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    LQ trailer generator
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LQ trailer generator
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
This trailer has a 6.5 Onan that came with the trailer. 3.7 hours on it when we got it. Right now have about 20 hours on it. Can run AC and everything else but going to go to more effecient mini split style AC and smaller generator soon.

Where are you going to mount the mini split?

The mini split outside unit will be mounted on top part of Gooseneck and the inside will be mounted on front wall there so we will not have to drill many holes and it will look nice. This trailer is an almost new 1985 Chaparral and want to keep it fairly original if possible. The trailer was going to be used for a Pro Stock Truck in NHRA and they killed that class so this guy parked it inside a shop up on stands and that is where it sat until we got it. We replaced the tires because they were old but they were brand new and kept inside and off the ground. The generator had 3.7 hours on it first time I checked it. We did have to clean the carb and change the choke on it but it sat forever.

By the way the guy we got the trailer from had spare wheel bearings, spare filters, fuel pump for generator and boxes of spare parts for everything in it. He left it all. The trailer was loaded with most all options available at that time, insulated, really nice cabinets and storage. The roof top air works like new but there is better, more efficient Air Conditioning now so we are going to do that.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
This trailer is an almost new 1985 Chaparral trailer

Only this fucing moron would call a nearly 40 year old shyt box “almost new” Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
This trailer has a 6.5 Onan that came with the trailer. 3.7 hours on it when we got it. Right now have about 20 hours on it. Can run AC and everything else but going to go to more effecient mini split style AC and smaller generator soon.

Where are you going to mount the mini split?

The mini split outside unit will be mounted on top part of Gooseneck and the inside will be mounted on front wall there so we will not have to drill many holes and it will look nice. This trailer is an almost new 1985 Chaparral and want to keep it fairly original if possible. The trailer was going to be used for a Pro Stock Truck in NHRA and they killed that class so this guy parked it inside a shop up on stands and that is where it sat until we got it. We replaced the tires because they were old but they were brand new and kept inside and off the ground. The generator had 3.7 hours on it first time I checked it. We did have to clean the carb and change the choke on it but it sat forever.

By the way the guy we got the trailer from had spare wheel bearings, spare filters, fuel pump for generator and boxes of spare parts for everything in it. He left it all. The trailer was loaded with most all options available at that time, insulated, really nice cabinets and storage. The roof top air works like new but there is better, more efficient Air Conditioning now so we are going to do that.

Just saying, but did the guys have ESP or something? Pro Stock Truck didnt start until aroung 1997.....

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
They were great trailers...
Pouch sides and tons of nice cabinets for storage
Frank Iaconio had one and it was previously Bill Jenkin's I believe
I did some work at Frank's and stocked the trailer up before a race with various things..........early 1990's.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
and Reagan was a great president when that now 40 y/o shyt box was new Laughing Hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Biocth, your trailer looks and your shop looks like Beverly Hillbillies with so much cr@p piled in there and you talk about my stuff? Wait, you do not even have a shop, you have to beg space from a friend to work on your junk.

If you can not afford a big enough trailer or a shop then you should not talk about my stuff. I could put 6 of your trucks and trailers inside my shop and two more under the car port on the side and you talk about my stuff.......

I could care less if you like my stuff or not and everything I own is paid for in full. I do not owe anything but utilities and insurance.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Everything about your club racing operation is junk and shyt including your rental “girlfriends” Laughing very hard and the shop I use is also used by some of the best racers in the country NahNahTounge

No one is in awe of your junk no mine impressed with it due to its performance or achievements and my trailer walls are lined with big $ checks, you ain’t got one!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I just checked with my local dealer and he has three Honda EU7000is in stock so availability is no longer an issue as it was when I got 2 last year after waiting about 6 months

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I just checked with my local dealer and he has three Honda EU7000is in stock so availability is no longer an issue as it was when I got 2 last year after waiting about 6 months

What are they getting for them nowadays?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
$6,000 which is MSRP and the same price I paid last August. A friend is buying one today from my dealer.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Ouch, they've gone up! But what hasn't?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
They went up just $500 last year and have held there so far.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
They went up just $500 last year and have held there so far but have new features like the CO minder and app. They are also fuel injected now.

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
my 53ft vintage HAD a onan. i threw the gas burning POS in the dumpster and put a honda 7000 in it. burns 1/3 of the gas with auto throttle it pretty much idles and runs everything..ac , fridge, inverter, lights, aircompressor , hot water heater, battery charger all at once and my neighbors like me. you can buy one now for 5k ish https://www.northerntool.com/p...l-eu7000isnan-100557

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I believe all the 7000 are FI, 6500 has a carb.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
my 53ft vintage HAD a onan. i threw the gas burning POS in the dumpster and put a honda 7000 in it. burns 1/3 of the gas with auto throttle it pretty much idles and runs everything and my neighbors like me. you can buy one now for 5k ish https://www.northerntool.com/p...l-eu7000isnan-100557

You could have sent the Onan to me for free and I would fix it and sell it....and it would not be a POS anymore ....LOL

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
67TSCHEVY2…KNOWS!

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Wink you shoulds said something lolol

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
OK everyone ship your Onan generators to me for free....I'll be glad to dispose of them for you Falling of chair laughing

I won't charge a fee for disposing of them, LOL

You can ship pretty much any generator to me for the same great deal...... HMMMM

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I loves me a hot shower at the track after racing. My 7000is will run the water heater, A/C, and fridge at the same time. I haven't tried running the microwave to the mix yet. I've run both A/Cs at the same time and it hasn't missed a lick yet. We use about 3.5 gallons every twelve hours. I fill the tank at eight in the morning and eight at night. I've got 1100 hours on the unit now.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post