Find
Notify
Tools

Ban a member?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted
Ok I have held off long enough but I for one am tired of seeing the continual postings from Mike Rietow with nothing of value to add. I understand this is a forum open to racers, but I for one would like to see him removed. I am about over his making light of the seriousness of issues going on today and If this gets me banned from here for posting this then whatever, I am just over it and feel this needs to be addressed.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddie:
Ok I have held off long enough but I for one am tired of seeing the continual postings from Mike Rietow with nothing of value to add. I understand this is a forum open to racers, but I for one would like to see him removed. I am about over his making light of the seriousness of issues going on today and If this gets me banned from here for posting this then whatever, I am just over it and feel this needs to be addressed.

Why would me holding out on the hope corona is being overstated, get you banned?

I'm staying positive about Covid 19, should I be in panic mode or staying positive?

Something tells me if every single flu related fatality was tracked, panic could result the same as it is with covid 19.

Saying this doesn't take away from the seriousness anytime anyone passes but looking at this rationally, I'm not in the least panicked.

Sorry this doesn't fit your plan.

I'm promoting the opposite of panic, calm. Whether you like it or not.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
The ignore function is your friend if you don't want to see someone's posts.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Best suggestion you can go with...Ignore this guy...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks like we are going the route of Facebook.

I don't agree with everything somebody posts,so he should be banned.

Okay, I get the message.I'm out too.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Looks like we are going the route of Facebook.

I don't agree with everything somebody posts,so he should be banned.

Okay, I get the message.I'm out too.

I almost panicked over not being able to get transmission parts for a $4000 unit, a guy ordered today.

Siiiighhh... I'm good just got a hold of an old friend and pulled the trigger.

Kidding about panicking of course.

I'm not sweating this guy Freddy or anyone else who is in panic mode, I'm staying positive.

My neighbor who has his family living in the back yard in a tent, his wife is a nurse at a hospital close to the Beach. She's not in panic mode either, she said they've tested hundreds and haven't found one person positive for Covid 19.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
If this entire mess wasn't being politically driven by the media hype, I doubt seriously if we would be having the problems that are facing our health care workers, others involved in providing that care and pretty much every other business in this country right now.

When you have scared people to point that they believe the virus is hanging in the air outside their homes, you have gone way too far. I would like all media to take an expense paid vacation to wherever they would like to go and then see how quickly things calm down. The majority of us have our heads screwed on straight, use caution just as we would if someone you know says, I'm coming down with something or I'm finally getting over this mess. You don't run up and hug them, you give them some space. Is this strain of virus a bit easier to connect with - I believe so but hopefully not on the level of the Spanish Flu?

Take what the media says with a huge dash of doubt - they're in it for the ratings and nothing else. Whether you live or die is of no issue to them. As Stalin put it - a single death is a tragedy - a million deaths is just a statistic.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
Ban a member for stating his opinion? You must be kidding.

The virus will eventually have about one tenth of the deaths it is reported to have caused. Remember, most of the people who have passed had other complications which have NOTHING to do with the virus.

The media has an agenda, if they don't get ratings then lose advertising revenue. Gloom and Doom are the only way that the lazy liberal media gets attention. Certainly isn't on facts.

Reminds me of the song by Don Henley called "Dirty Laundry".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHimia_Fxzs

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Personally don't see banning anyone for stating opinion even if its off the wall stupid(nobody meant just saying). If he is nasty and starts crap with everyone as some have in past,then if those in charge see fit then great ban them and keep it sociable site.

As said if someone s view offends you every time they post ignore button

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Ignore list is getting longer.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
A ban is not out of the question.
Definite knothead.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 81 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
We do not always agree on everything, we have different ideas on what works and why. That is the nature of the forums just realize some people are spewing stuff they heard and may not have any actual experience. Still they are entitled to their opinion even if they are wrong. So I do not think they should be banned.

Now when someone is trolling and name calling everyone then they should be banned immediately and permanently.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
He's no Ed!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It takes (at least) two. If it's just one, eventually, it goes away. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gloom and Doom are the only way that the lazy liberal media gets attention.

Don Henley.... Dirty Laundry. First verse: "I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something, something I can use. People love it when you lose, they love dirty laundry."

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Defeating consensus reality with Evidence is like shooting fish in a barrel.

They don't call it TV programming for nothing.

Truth is conflict you can count on.

You'd have to love living in panic / fear to adhere to boob tube fear mongering over Dr Fauci's analysis he shared with colleagues in the New England Journal of Medicine (March 26, 2020).

Here it is for the last time.

^^^^^^^
https://youtu.be/K-u6vWKUi4c

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
He's no Ed!!!

Ask him how many user ids he’s had on YB. And that should tell you everything you need to know about this clown. He’s still claiming that Bradenton has a conspiracy against him going on 4 years now. Because he crossed the centerline all on his own.

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you brought that up Rick ,,, I meant Richard. Explain this ...

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Mike

Ok ok I will tell ya if no one else has...YOU hit the cone from the left lane sending the cone into the right lane forcing your loss.

What in the hell were you doing with 6.50 car on the center stripe to begin with...you can't see the car in the right lane from the center of the track? If you keep racing in the marbles...your gonna cross the center stripe again with certainty. You seriously wasn't over powering the track right? Not that it matters anymore.

Should you be banned? No IMO if that even matters...BUT dang dude, the race you lost was years ago already...YOU lost...we race another day with any luck.

Hopefully we all get to race soon...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In times of universal deceit, telling the Truth becomes a revolutionary act 1984. Orwellian nightmare economic ice age approaching.

Don't panic it's the same old game Good vs evil.

That's called paltering TORQUE. Mixing truth with fiction/fantasy. It's a politically correct ploy to subvert Truth/Authority.

^^^^^^^
https://youtu.be/K-u6vWKUi4c