Ban a member?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Freddie:
not ducking out just dont feel the need to sit here and listen to any more of this.

So this is it.

I am back in Florida to be here for the family. She is being given the experimental treatment tonight. She is 61, overweight, and pre-diabetic. One of our major fears is she cares for our father who is barely hanging on himself due to other issues and IF he gets this it will kill him. So YES we are a little panic'ed.

but you gotta at some point take into consideration not everyone has those health issues.

Healthy Jupiter man, 44, shares scary battle with COVID-19.

“I never get sick. I know a lot of people say that, but my immune system, I've been very fortunate. I am 44-year-old guy. No history of health issues, no immune deficiencies, been fairly lucky with that, so I knew something was going on,” said Mangus.

“I was gasping for air. I really thought I was going to die. I mean, I’ve never felt that close to death before. I made my peace with my maker, I thought that was it. I thought I was going to die alone in my hospital room,” said Mangus.

He said he had taken off his nasal cannula, provided to supply oxygen, and was desperately searching for it in the middle of the night. He was able to put it back on and called on the staff for help. On Saturday, he said after starting a breathing treatment, his doctor, he said his doctor also put him on an anti-malaria and azithromycin med-combo.

Mangus said by Sunday he was feeling a lot better and praised the Jupiter Medical Center staff for their care. He said on March 23 he was released from the hospital.

https://www.wptv.com/news/regi...battle-with-covid-19

Was this a case for Dr. Fauci unknowns?

The good news is that this is the second patient in my area of Florida that the malaria drug has
help.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here's how this is supposed to work Trans Lady, according to God given inalienable natural rights.

Because we have the natural rights given to us by God, nobody but God can take them away. So with that being said we all would look at the risk, (Evidence I've I posted from the CDC and Dr Fausi) and decide for ourselves if we liked our chances.

Hypothetically speaking, if you didn't like your chances and I did like my chances. You'd understand inalienable natural rights and not be triggered by me taking my chances. In other words you'd mind to your own opinions and I'd mind to mine.

It would work like that for everyone and no one would be triggered, upset or angry. And nobody in my family would lose a days pay or their economic independence.

That's how it's supposed to work, how the founders intended.

If I died, that's on me. Nobody would say anything other than, he died practicing his freedom because everyone would be smart enough to understand Freedom is the highest American value, as intended by the founders of this country.

https://youtu.be/5nBReYGm8WI

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lets say hypothetically this is a terrorist attack.

Guess what? The terrorist won again.

I thought we were gonna win so much we were gonna get tired of winning?

Guess what? We just suffered the biggest defeat in history instead.

https://youtu.be/K-u6vWKUi4c

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
smh

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
?

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
There is too much information and coincidence showing that this is not just a random virus that suddenly jumped from animal to human. There is evidence if you care to look for it that #19 has some engineering alteration- I doubt if we have any animals on the planet capable of doing that. I believe that through a lot of different missteps, this virus got out although maybe not intentionally, that the Chinese suffered a much larger loss than they will report but for a country of 1.5 billion people it was still a minor number in their opinion. I also believe that the media has continued a drumbeat not in the interest of saving human life in this country, but in the interest of driving their ratings. The part they appear to miss is that you cannot continue to beat that drum forever but they count on us to have very short memories. Just like politicians, it's a factor that they count on. And in most cases they are correct. Yesterday, a terrorist's conviction was overturned for murdering an American but in the middle of a 1000 deaths drummed by the media, it hardly raised a notice. WHO covered up for the Chinese so what person or persons got the pockets lined on that move? And we have a guy in his rec room stumbling around thinking that he is still relevant to the problem. We are going to lose a lot of wonderful, unbelievably talented and smart people during this time - losses that are going to haunt us for ages to come. If one or more people did mastermind this, I only hope that we can eradicate them from this earth - they deserve nothing less.

For what it's worth, keep the people who are on the front lines of this mess in your thoughts. They are taking the brunt of this day in and day out.

If you want me banned for my opinions - have at it.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
smh

You can be damn sure I'm the impartial night watchman.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Freddy, Prayers for you and your family. And all others who are dealing with this mess, from a personal health perspective, as well as the many who are have had their livelihoods impacted.

I will say that whatever your inclination is leaning toward, (man-made or natural affliction, and more deadly than seasonal flu or not), there is so much darned "stuff" being put out every day, by knowledgeable people, and many who are not-so-knowledgeable, that you can find a lot of info to support what you believe.
But regardless of what any of us thinks, we can all believe that this is an event that will change our lives in many ways, and in some ways permanently.

And as others have noted, the damned media is having a field day with the misery that is shrouding our everyday lives, (as they always do). And I think it is despicable that many of the media outlets and opposition politicians in this country have openly rooted for something like this to happen, simply out of their hatred for our elected President. I don't care who anyone voted for, that is obscene to me. I may not have cared much for a few of our past Presidents, but I never, EVER hoped for our country to fail, or people to die, or our national economy to tank, just to notch it up as a "failure" on the part of our elected leader.
This is uncharted territory in all of our lifetimes, be it the disease itself, or the reactions to it. And some a-hole Pols like the Govs from the states of WA & NY, or the mayor of New Orleans, who all failed badly to take swift actions to curtail the spread of the virus in their own jurisdictions, now want to scream that the President failed their citizens? It is absurdly ridiculous. Go look at the NY Times website, (if you can stomach it), you'll find a non-stop drumbeat of nothing but dozens of stories every day, criticizing Trump for everything that goes wrong. Not a word of credit for anything he has done right, (like stopping incoming flights from China). All I am saying, is the shyt is here, the country is pretty much on lockdown, and whether anyone agrees with the measures being taken or not, we all have one common objective. We gotta deal with it. We need to get ourselves, and our families and hopefully friends through this period, and hope that as many as possible come out of it and have a path forward to either keep going, or at least regain some of what has been/will be lost. Help someone out if you can. If you order food for delivery, give the driver a nice tip if you can. if you are going to the grocery or walmart or hardware store, ask a neighbor if they need anything. Try to support small and local businesses as much as you can. We are their lifeline, not the government. Need some weeds pulled, lawn mowed, brush cleared? Hire a neighborhood kid, and put a few bucks in his/her pocket.
And dammit, try to be kind to one another. We get through this shyt, and the tracks open back up, then we can get back to beating on each other at the strip.
May God Bless.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1033 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

In other words you'd mind to your own opinions and I'd mind to mine.

LOL, i don't care about your opinion but i do care if you're giving false or outdated information.

Wink

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:

In other words you'd mind to your own opinions and I'd mind to mine.

LOL, i don't care about your opinion but i do care if you're giving false or outdated information.

Wink

Freedom, It's not a competition unless you don't understand it. I do, you don't. You think your information off the boob tube is better than mine from the horse's mouth and the CDC.

When my point is if we were free, we all could decide how we proceed with our lives, and your point is what? Being locked down to our houses is freedom possibly? Or haven't you considered anything other than your fear?

Cut to the case, you're boring me.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
smh

OR, just a loon banging the keyboard while wearing a tinfoil hat .......

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
smh

OR, just a loon banging the keyboard while wearing a tinfoil hat .......

I'll tell you the same way I tell my girl.

I got this babe you don't need to know, girls just wanna have fun. Relax and watch some TV.

Girls just wanna have fun society, they can't be bothered with rights and constitutional liberties. That's for the men who understand the stakes.

Relax and watch TV sugar britches, I got this on my own. Girls just wanna have fun.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'm going with the loon idea.... This little virus hiccup has pushed you over the edge into batshyt crazy land..no need to give you any more attention...you're thriving on it..

Dave

F J B

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep, I'm going with the loon idea.... This little virus hiccup has pushed you over the edge into batshyt crazy land..no need to give you any more attention...you're thriving on it..

You've been sitting on the couch eating cheeze puffs and watching cartoons, fake news for so long, you're now soft in the head enough to believe your girls just want to have fun lifestyle, is weeks away. I got news for ya sugar britches, you're girls just want to have fun lifestyle is never coming back.

You know why? Because there's too many of you and not enough night watchman.

You're the problem, not the solution.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the other hand I'm still working, but the difference is, I'm also street wise enough to know this is residual work.

I know I will be tested, prepared.

You're clueless of the test ahead, unprepared because of all the cheeze puffs, cartoons and fake news. You'll find out soon enough for yourself, the hard way .

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
When a guy keeps digging his own grave...sometimes one just chooses to watch him do it vs warning him he is doing so.

Happens with meth and heroin addicts as well as someone who don't know when to stfu...

Your going off the deep end sir with your posts...does someone need to point it out to you?

Yes YOU Mike!

Just another view from another on a public forum...JMO

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
When a guy keeps digging his own grave...sometimes one just chooses to watch him do it vs warning him he is doing so.

Happens with meth and heroin addicts as well as someone who don't know when to stfu...

Your going off the deep end sir with your posts...does someone need to point it out to you?

Yes YOU Mike!

I walk around everyday telling the Truth. It'll become the norm as we move forward with the current unfolding catastrophe. People will actually figure out what is important, what I do everyday.

Get away from anyone playing make believe, you won't be able to count on them anyway.

When you wake up, if you wake up, you too will figure out what is important to surround yourself with, in order to survive.

Hint,,,It's not make believe / pretend. Those days are over.

Don't panic though, it's still the same game. Good vs evil, only now its for keeps.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes YOU Mike!

Bingo!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

Yes YOU Mike!

Bingo!

Scary, ain't it? Try to keep in mind I didn't say it. Benjamin Franklin did.

Is it wrong of me to agree?

Girls just want to have fun. If Truth is too much for you to bear, put me on ignore.

You and all Girls just want to have fun bunch. That'll quit your crying.

Put me on ignore and go watch TV. Problem solved.

A bag of cheeze puffs and a couple episodes of scooby doo, and you'll forget all about it.