DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    National Event Brainstorm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Event Brainstorm
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just my 2 cents. But what NHRA needs is some much better PR dept. And promote the personalities of the sport. When I was young,everybody knew who Garlits, Glidden, Muldowny, Prudome ...Etc was. Maybe they could get some people from the WWE to help them, hell they have millions of people following a bunch of scripted drama cloaked in wrestling. And Ditto on the late model thing. It would probably be closer to pro stock than what they have now.

Jason Compton

Posts: 34 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
When Garlits , Muldowney, Prodhomme, Lahaie, Mcculloch, Bernstein, Force, Hoffman,Eddie Hill etc were on TNN American Sports Cavalcade they didn't need a script, them dudes were there to do battle! Not many of em liked each other either. They respected each other on the starting line, but they didn't like each other. Nothing politically correct about it back then.

They'll never approach those days even if they get the political (covid) script writers. LoL

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Not sure what the answer to the money issue is. I can guarantee its not doing away with nitro. Well that is unless you want the sportsman fees to go thru roof. Because there will be not TV coverage and very few fans in the seats.

Sorry guys but just look around at your bracket race crowds and divisional's. Social distancing at its best. Heck divisional have the second fastest class' out there Top ALcohol and then TD and TS still ver few fans.

I think some small tire crash show stuff would get some folks there. Face it the public has a love affair with good equipment getting torn up.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Xtreme Raceway Park in Texas knows how to promote races and routinely puts fans in the stands and allows people to have fun and place bets on the starting line.

No way would that happen at a divisional.

I dont understand why divisional events couldn't incorporate a 8 car small tire shootout type deal and run them between the qualifying for comp, top sportsman/dragster and alcohol on a Saturday night.

Posts: 18 | Location: Houston  | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think that would be a local track option. Like the idea, its different.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew Chief
Picture of RACER99O
posted Hide Post
Yup - Nascar has them butt cheeks spread wide open just getting filled with money. Wink At least they'll have a show to go on.

SL... Just say'n

Aug. 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- NASCAR and BetMGM, a market-leading sports betting and iGaming platform, today announced a multi-year sports betting partnership. As an Authorized Gaming Operator of NASCAR, BetMGM will collaborate with NASCAR to create and promote engaging sports betting experiences, including introducing in-race betting options, for racing fans across the United States.

Link to full story

Posts: 662 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. kinda | Registered: January 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post