New
Find
Notify
Tools

New normal
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
These things work great from what we've seen so far. No need to fear the new normal billet powerglide TB valve bodies.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
How long in service, brand & features?

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2501 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
How long in service, brand & features?

I'm not here to advertise any brand. The reason this is the new norm, is because the cast iron cores for building PG Trans brake valve bodies are becoming extinct

These billet VB are fairly new so the service life isn't applicable / impressive, but even I myself was skeptical until recently. They seem to work great in the tests we've made. Plus they're light, so we're fixing to put them to test. Weight doesn't bother me, so I'll stick with my cast iron VB. For now.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike, gotta question. I have a complete stock poweride. Can a stock valve body be modified info a transbrake valve body?

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Mike, gotta question. I have a complete stock poweride. Can a stock valve body be modified info a transbrake valve body?

Definitely, JW or FTI will do that for you. I'd guess.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Or Richard Godley, he's in Moultrie GA.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
At the beginning of trans brake development, all were based on factory cast iron valve body and that is by far still the most common design.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:

You can get a kit from TSR and do it yourself if you want. They come with instructions and are easy to follow...all you need is access to a bridgeport or some sort of mill. Couple of spots that need machined on the valve body is all....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post