DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Time to FLIP the SWITCH
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time to FLIP the SWITCH
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted
It's time to put people back to work (or racing).
Enough is enough.
Let's just cut our losses and fire up the economy.
The sooner we do it the sooner we get out of this mess.
These doctors have been wrong from the start.
It's time to start listening to common sense and start people working/racing again.

Let's face it, there WILL be a phase 2 of illnesses as soon as people start getting together so lets just get it over with and not bury our heads in the sand until a vaccine is created NEXT YEAR (to quote the doctors).

If you are susceptible or have conditions then stay home, if not, let's go to work.
If we don't fire up this economy soon there won't be an economy to start.

There is already HUGE shortages of meat, dairy, bread, pasta, etc. I haven't seen red meat around here for at least a month (I'm sure it's hoarders buying everything they can).

Not to mention all the bankruptcies and foreclosures that are coming.
Mad

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 954 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
clapping

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3093 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
If we don't fire up this economy soon there won't be an economy to start.

Reminds me of people saying "if I died tomorrow". It's never today! I agree, let's hope for the best.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2322 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
We are all on the path to death. I know that there are a lot of us guys on here, but world poverty won't be worth living for anyone. We should have never allowed our liberty to be taken from us. We are a country built on rebellion. I say it's time for AMERICANS to take it back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
hope is not a strategy. These democrat governors would rather bankrupt you and their state then allow Trump to rebuild the economy again and even faster than before the country was shut down. All you can do now is get all your friends and neighbors to help turn your state from blue to RED and reelect Trump, maintain the majority in the senate, flip the house and flip every state governed by a democrat up for reelection to Republican in a landslide this nation and these politicians have never seen before.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm all for opening back up. Like two weeks ago. However, as you said, there will be a second spike. We don't want that one to be unmanageable. So open up, let the kids finish the school year at home, and keep social distancing or mask RECOMMENDATIONS in place.

As far as food shortages.....that isn't because we are shut down. Probably the opposite. Being shut down has reduced infections in the food plants. The Meat packing plants seems to be very vulnerable, and there are probably half a dozen very good reasons for this. The ones that are closed aren't closed because of lock down. They are closed because of infections at the plants. We aren't talking about deaths. But if half of your workforce is sick, and the other half at risk of getting sick, you can't run. The working conditions, the break rooms, the nature of that work force. Lack of PPE or lack of wearing them....all contributing to this.

If we open back up, and we get a huge spike, it gives ammunition to those who simply use this as a way to control us. Dont give them ammunition. Use your head.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
People are going to continue to die from health related issues due to this virus, we are never getting to zero deaths in any state. Take the time to look at the breakdown of numbers now published and you'll see exactly who is dying and where.

I say open the entire country but permanently close ALL Walmarts, Harbor Freights, Dollar General, 5 Below and the like. Mad

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
It's a virus, waiting until we have a cure is ludicrous. Thinking we can quarantine it to stop the spread is equally as dumb.

Time to get back to work before we don't have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of!

It's like trying to remove a bandaid, rip it off or pull it off slowly. Either way there is pain, just a matter of how long it lasts.

Mark Walter, Senior Chaplain
JAMA Racing Ministry

"A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash." Proverbs 15:14
"Laus Deo!"

Posts: 299 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/_JkWS-F9LcM Rebuke the Scarecrow ruse

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Just wait till November and this **** show WILL start all over again

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1381 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
hope is not a strategy. These democrat governors would rather bankrupt you and their state then allow Trump to rebuild the economy again and even faster than before the country was shut down. All you can do now is get all your friends and neighbors to help turn your state from blue to RED and reelect Trump, maintain the majority in the senate, flip the house and flip every state governed by a democrat up for reelection to Republican in a landslide this nation and these politicians have never seen before.

This!

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
I agree. This is ALL political BS.
The virus won't come back next year because there will not be a presidential election.
My company has worked the entire time, and will continue to. The government has over reached and is operating outside of their authority.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Now the Illinois Governor is talking about opening after July 4.
First he had a problem with not enough PPE.Then he said that we need to flatten the curve.Then he said we need to add 3,000 beds at Mc Cormick place.
Then he said we need more testing.Now he says we need contact tracing.
Meanwhile,they are dismantling all of the McCormick Place beds due to not being needed.
But we will see about opening after July 4th now.
Definitely a political event more than a health event.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What should be done now is what any sane thinking plan would have done from the beginning.
Quarantine the elderly and people with other diseases at high risk of dying.

But this won't happen now either, because Covid isn't what this whole ordeal is all about.

Otherwise these rational approaches would be taken. Especially now cooler heads should be able to prevail, easily.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Lucky Scott what do you mean there will be no election?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
20,24,28 election years

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hell listening to local new this morning(rare and wife's fault). They are talking 4 to 6 weeks for total opening. Going thru the phase's BS.

Thinking the other day. I would love to hear how this is viewed in the future,say 50 years. Will be a great academician or biggest scam ever that lead to how the world changed for the worst?

Time to rise up gather round and shut the democrats down.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
This kills me to say this, but I agree 100% with Ed on this!!! Ouch......

Frank as well....

It's time to put an end to the bulls***.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

Well said, except, everyone in my county could vote red, and we would have nothing to say about who we have for governor. Those elections are dominated by Chicago and a few select counties.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
then get your county out to Chicago and educate the minorities that are voting these POS in office.