DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Time to FLIP the SWITCH
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time to FLIP the SWITCH
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Well said, except, everyone in my county could vote red, and we would have nothing to say about who we have for governor. Those elections are dominated by Chicago and a few select counties.

I understand what you are saying Bucky, but don't give in to defeatism. This November, the dems are probably going to have Joe Biden as their presidential candidate. If so, I believe a lot of dem voters will just stay home, because they are not going to be motivated to vote for him. However, the Republican base is pretty fired up. This could be the opportunity to change things up in the governor's race. I'm sure you already know that if all the people who are eligible to vote actually showed up and voted, they could sway any election we have. They just always seem to find a reason/excuse to sit at home and b*tch about the results instead. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, the Republican base is pretty fired up. This could be the opportunity to change things up in the governor's race. I'm sure you already know that if all the people who are eligible to vote actually showed up and voted, they could sway any election we have.

If you think REPUBLICAN is the light and the way good luck! It may often be the lesser of two evils but an evil just the same. Did our nations trajectory of illegals and outsourcing appreciably change between GHWB, Clinton, W or obama?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:

If you think REPUBLICAN is the light and the way good luck! It may often be the lesser of two evils but an evil just the same. Did our nations trajectory of illegals and outsourcing appreciably change between GHWB, Clinton, W or obama?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
"Lucky Scott what do you mean there will be no election?"

What I mean is this is happening now, and won't happen after the election is over.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was fine with our country's trajectory, right up until the "panicdemic" hit. And I'm sure you have noticed which governors want to stretch this thing out as long as they can and which ones want to bring it to an end. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
One can hope Trump investigates the ( follow the money) trail to Wuhan.
Who invested in those companies and who holds the patents will lead you to the answers. All too coincidental??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was fine with our country's trajectory, right up until the "panicdemic" hit.

You are a man of high tolerance. I saw $22T in federal debt un-serviceable, I saw QE 1,2,3 & 4 and the Feds bailout of the repo market as devaluing our currency and a future lever to inflation. Millions of illegals overwhelming our education and medical systems. I saw sanctuary cities and states that have homeless tent cities as problematic. I saw the default of Detroit, and pending Chicago and others, as problematic. America has big big debt problems, governmental, corporate and private individuals brought on by years of artificially low interest courtesy of the Fed. And most recently 60+million unemployed but the stock market goes back up, the free market no longer exist. I could go on but you get the picture. The virus will exacerbate these problems and they will have to be dealt with. But, hope I'm wrong.

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are a man of high tolerance.

Oh man. If I only had a nickel for every time I've heard that. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh man. If I only had a nickel for every time I've heard that. Smile

LOL!!! clapping

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ballz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
hope is not a strategy. These democrat governors would rather bankrupt you and their state then allow Trump to rebuild the economy again and even faster than before the country was shut down. All you can do now is get all your friends and neighbors to help turn your state from blue to RED and reelect Trump, maintain the majority in the senate, flip the house and flip every state governed by a democrat up for reelection to Republican in a landslide this nation and these politicians have never seen before.

HOLEE SHEET, I agree with Ed

Posts: 313 | Location: west palm beach, fla. usa | Registered: June 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you don't watch TV, all you'll see is revoked incomes resulting in a subsequent epidemic of eventual housing repo operations put on by the banks, who were bailed out trillions again.

The biggest challenge facing mankind is distinguishing reality from fantasy.

Digital dog collars are next to drop, and an infinite supply of free Kool-Aid.

https://youtu.be/ZhhumtFhtqs

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/8ChmqOKw3Uo

Meanwhile ^^^ back in reality

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Whoever you are. Please do not stay home on election day because someone has tried to convince you that your vote doesn't matter. Many brave Americans have laid down their lives to make sure you have that right. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/i9G5bT_i8QQ

^^^^Meanwhile back in reality.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
However, the Republican base is pretty fired up. This could be the opportunity to change things up in the governor's race. I'm sure you already know that if all the people who are eligible to vote actually showed up and voted, they could sway any election we have.

Canted Valve, I noticed you did not include Trump in your list of recent Presidents whom shared an unfavorable trajectory. (I do agree with your comment, BTW) - BUT, I think we need a new party or term to describe today's "Republican" (Meaning Trump Voter). There is a huge difference between the previous version of Republican presidents, and the man currently occupying that office. I was raised conservative, I was a Reagan Republican, a supporter of both Bushes, and not a fan of Clinton or Obama. But TRUMP exposed the swamp, the deep state, the phony "rivalry" between Dem & Rep politicians, who butted heads on TV, but were golfing buddies when the cameras were shut off. You are absolutely right, there was not much difference in the trajectory across the 7-term span from 1988-2016. They ALL turned a blind eye to uncontrolled illegal immigration, and to American corporate factories moving their operations overseas. NONE of them had OUR BACKS like President Trump does. He is trying to do what is right for America and Americans. But he is being handcuffed by the idiot libs/dems controlling the House. If it were not for the incredibly (unbelievably) EXTREMELY biased mainstream media that brainwashes the clueless half of our population, and pounds at Trump every day, in every way they can imagine, he would be by far the most popular and highest rated President in our nations history. Yes, he has his flaws, (as we all do), but they are the things I can certainly overlook, in return for what he is doing right for this country.
He SHOULD win reelection in a landslide this November, but it is not even a given that he will prevail, because of the uninformed electorate, the low-information voters, the one-sided media and educational system bias, etc.
We ALL NEED TO GET OUT AND VOTE on November 3rd!
And like Tom 396 says, if the Dems stay home in large numbers, we Americans CAN flip the House, and some of the Dem Governorships back to RED, and TAKE OUR FREAKING COUNTRY BACK. USA

(Sorry for the long-winded post, I guess I should have just said I agree with ED! Big Grin
Ok, I am back off the soapbox). Roll Eyes

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Get out and vote Trump for sure. But an improvement that should last would be term limits and starting the process of prosecuting elected officials for ethics violations.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Bucky, Yes. This country absolutely NEEDS Term Limits!
There should NEVER be any such thing as a career politician. 4-8 years is long enough to corrupt just about anyone, no matter how earnest or noble their original intentions may be.
Lobbyists & PAC money should go away as well, IMHO.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...we Americans CAN flip the House...

Footbrake, I am for sure pro Trump, he is the best option we have. My underlying reservations of Trump is his support of continued artificially low interest rates and deficient spending (disregarding the covid trillions). These undermine our currency and future uncontrolled inflation. He want's continued low interest to spur the economy (great for the short term). While he would have NO political support for a balanced budget he isn't interested in heading in that direction. His 3 yr. trajectory of deficient spending is as bad as Obama's. I'll let each individual reach their own conclusions what endless money printing (throughout the world) will eventually lead to.

To address your quote above, you could make a case that Obama was elected as a direct result of W, and Trump a direct result of O. When Trump came into office the repubs had control of the house, senate and presidency and they pizzed it away! That's why the dems (and all their chaos) control the house today. Why would anyone believe the repubs would do any better again? The dems know better than to dissent in the ranks, they will be dealt with! While there are RINO's, many, if not most, are "plants" put in place by the democrats (burning both ends of the candle if you will) JMO. While I hope your desire to take back the house is achieved I'll stick with my original position "If you think REPUBLICAN is the light and the way good luck!" I too hereby relinquish my soapbox.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don't like the spending. But they are going to spend regardless. Dumping money into the economy should prime the pump when we get back to the loud pedal. Still don't like it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post