DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Potential Bye in NHRA Super Classes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Potential Bye in NHRA Super Classes
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I saw today's schedule for the NHRA Gatornationals.All of the Sportsman classes will be racing today.
I saw a couple of cars listed as potential first round byes in Super Gas and Super Comp.
How is that determined?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming it must be by reaction time.One guy had --- listed as his reaction time on Live Timing on his practice run. Must have meant .000

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
first rd is all run in super classes . 2nd rd ladder is based off first rd winners et in the super classes . first rd bye would be by luck of the draw.

Posts: 1232 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Exactly

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
first rd is all run in super classes . 2nd rd ladder is based off first rd winners et in the super classes . first rd bye would be by luck of the draw.

Interesting.
How hard would it be to give it to the best reaction time or best package on time runs for Round 1?
Seems like that makes the most sense,but I don't race the class.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ken MacNicol
posted Hide Post
Is first round bye at a National different than a divisional? In division 2 it is best reaction on last time run gets first round bye if there is one.

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville, Tenn. | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:

Interesting.
How hard would it be to give it to the best reaction time or best package on time runs for Round 1?
Seems like that makes the most sense,but I don't race the class.

We always had the choice to set the systems for or qualifying, then some timing systems added ability.

Short answer is that Super class being an ET Index format, the correct qualifier would be by ET, in my opinion.

I never liked RT based qualifying, I'm totally down with best package, for bracket racing.

I always felt like the ET target was more appropriate to the actual quality of the run.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1589 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
WTF Confused

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1589 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
But!!!,
Since Super does have multiple qualifying rounds, I can't understand why the 1st bye wouldn't go to the #1 qualifier?
Ladder position determines the rest.

People use a lot of methods to select the bye, can't use a ladder generated 1st round because of buybacks, and almost no one generates a ladder at more than 16 cars.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In the Super classes the first round of eliminations is the qualifying round. That is what you see in National Dragster. Closest to a 90 with a 0 is #1 qualifier, BUT the best reaction time from the last round of time runs is how the potential bye is determined for round 1(the qualifying round).
You have to win the first round to qualify.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
Reaction time

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If the bye run is determined by "draw".... do racers get to watch someone draw names or is it the local or national hero that gets the "draw". Even though I owned the Tower I never felt ""drawing for anything pertaining the the race" was a good idea. Either qualify for it or make the physical drawing in the staging lanes where racers can watch it.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1216 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
First round bye is by best RT in last time session. PERIOD.

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 790 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I remember we did the wait and see bye with the race director picking a lane, then a car a certain number back in the lane.
Totally random, right?

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well out here in ole D7 Super Classes the first round potential bye was based on best reaction time of the last practice session. Always hated it when I got pulled especially when we knew there was an even number of cars. Just hate waiting around knowing I dont have a bye. After that we are laddered based off of first round ET's.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 983 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post