DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    NEW TRACK COMING TO CALIFORNIA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW TRACK COMING TO CALIFORNIA
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted
Has anyone heard about this before???

Copied from Dragracingonline

The Agent has now confirmed that plans for a new multi-use motorsports facility and drag strip near central California’s Santa Maria Valley have just about cleared all of the necessary governmental approvals. With county board of supervisors hurdles cleared, the plot of land has been acquired and may begin grading in the next sixty to ninety days. Santa Maria has a rich drag racing history, having held races dating back to the early 1950’s on what is now Foster Road and on a portion of the municipal airport grounds. [07/10/18]

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hasn't this been kicking around for 10 or 12 years? By all means, I hope it happens, but until I see/hear cars actually going down the track, I'm going to be a bit skeptical.

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
This would be great, but I'm not holding my breath....

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Yeager:
This would be great, but I'm not holding my breath....

Lmao...

Does Atwater come to mind??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the one at Thorneburg VA. Only thing built was a circle track

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern in believe there is a circle track in that area fighting to get a car count now.

link : https://santamariaraceway.com/

I'm don't know anything more about all this, I saw the post and wanted to pass it on is all....

HMMMM

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Been hearing about this track being built for a good 10 years now.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A few more years of promises and planning,
it could be Banning.

We always wondered exactly what he did, until he quit doing it!

Posts: 4 | Location: Laurel Fork, VA | Registered: June 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Carlson:
A few more years of promises and planning,
it could be Banning.

clapping

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of victo
posted Hide Post
what is the newest track opened in california?

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion

Posts: 523 | Location: Novato | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Vic, there is no name for the track as the article in Drag Racing Online said just plans ! Hahaha and most CAL guys have said they have been hearing that for years. Don’t blame the messager I just saw the article and posted it here. I have no dog in this fight.....

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Who let the dogs out? Dancing Cat

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Who let the dogs out? Dancing Cat

Moe only a few more minutes remain birthday boy, is the best you can do right now. I figured you would be three sheets to the wind ..... clapping

DRR Sportsman
Picture of victo
posted Hide Post
no blaming here Nick was just wondering is it Fontucky? Barona? and what year

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion

Posts: 523 | Location: Novato | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
You just never know. For years people have been trying to open new gun ranges in New Jersey. We have to be about one of the WORSE gun-friendly states in the country. Well, after hearing for years about this guy trying here, that guy trying there, IT HAPPENED! We actually had several new ranges open in the last few years. Really unbelievable! For those of you that live here, you understand. For those that don't, unless you live in CA or NY, you have no idea what we go through to buy/own/shoot a gun, even a .22!

Maybe, just maybe CA can get a new track. How many did they lose over the years from suburban sprawl? Up to 20?

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We here in California have lost to development:
OCIR
LIONS
IRWINDALE
CARLSBAD
RIVERSIDE
SACRAMENTO IS HANGING ON FOR NOW BUT

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I just bought another gun here in California, I simply had to fill out paperwork, pass a gun owners test and wait a few weeks? Easier than getting a contractors license or a building permit!

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike MacBrair:
I just bought another gun here in California, I simply had to fill out paperwork, pass a gun owners test and wait a few weeks? Easier than getting a contractors license or a building permit!

Hand gun or long gun? Long guns here are simple. Hand guns, shyt, that's a whole nother story!

I almost moved to CA a long time ago. Was going to be close to Sacramento. When I learned of all the rules (CCR) there I said forget about it. If I want to park my car trailer in my driveway I will. If my neighbor wants to park his RV in his driveway he can. I actually did my homework BEFORE I went. Not going to move somewhere and then fight to get the rules changed to fit me. Wish others would do the same thing.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
OCIR
LIONS
IRWINDALE
CARLSBAD
RIVERSIDE

Fremont and Vacaville. Neither have development currently.. any least the last time I was in the South Bay.,

Folks move by an airport then complain...Urban Wusses!

Raceless in California!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
OCIR
LIONS
IRWINDALE
CARLSBAD
RIVERSIDE

Fremont and Vacaville. Neither have development currently.. any least the last time I was in the South Bay.,

Folks move by an airport then complain...Urban Wusses!
. LOL.....IT always depends on your age. I could name 6 more right in the Visalia/ Fresno area of Central Calif. I now pretty much have to tow 500 miles(round trip) to race.

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post