Find
Notify
Tools

Worst Tracks
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Some pretty bad a$$ footbrakers came out of Speeds, we had a good time every Friday night. Wink

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
The worst are the ones that are closed, there were a lot of small tracks around here that are gone.

Same here.

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Goob they must not have shown up that weekend we were there. I mean we came from the East coast yet the locals apparently didn't think enough of the place to show up.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
New Hope was what it was call the time I was there. Long time ago!

If memory serves and sometimes it doesn't I think it was Speeds first. I know it was called New Hope since the late 60's early 70's.
Also just remembered Brown County Dragway was called Bean Blossom when I raced there. That's where the no prep race called war in the woods has been held.

There was also a little track just outside of Corydon, IN. called Harrison County Dragway I used to race at. Actually had my car come loose in the middle of downtown Corydon when a boomer came loose. Tied up traffic for a while getting it back on the trailer..lol

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
What most people would call the 'worst' out of the ones I've been to is probably Freebird in Smithfield, OH (formerly Friendship Park)... and I still like it! It's... got a lot of character.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Goob they must not have shown up that weekend we were there. I mean we came from the East coast yet the locals apparently didn't think enough of the place to show up.

New Hope had management that was just lost for a couple of years.

That, and there is a large part of the local racing community that just don't support any "big bucks" or special races. Weird.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
It was originally "Speeds".

Built by a fella that wanted to keep his kids off the street racing.

Glidden raced Stock and Super Stock there.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

Including goober who wasn’t there despite him claiming it was his home track. Yep, Jim Young clean their clocks and cleaned them out all 3 days! They had nothing for the
NJFD who were the only bad ass footbrakers there!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

Including goober who wasn’t there despite him claiming it was his home track. Yep, Jim Young clean their clocks and cleaned them out all 3 days! They had nothing for the
NJFD who were the only bad ass footbrakers there!

I've never said **** about or been a part of any footbrake races Ed, when will you get that through your skull? Roll Eyes
I was the 2001 Pro class champ at Speeds though, and raced there a lot of Friday nights.

Graham had that particular event, no need for me to be there.

Why weren't YOU there, Ed?

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yep, Jim Young, Larry Pappas, and me. Ed as I remember we left after the Sat race. At 6 cars one day all 3 of us were in so we ran up right behind each other, next round I had the bye with a perfect light and ran Jim in the final. Those guys had never seen anyone deep stage. It was a good time as usual with those guys. Saw Larry last New Years at Bradenton, first time in years.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
What most people would call the 'worst' out of the ones I've been to is probably Freebird in Smithfield, OH (formerly Friendship Park)... and I still like it! It's... got a lot of character.

That track was never that rough until the current owner took over. It wasn't a national event facility, but it was a presentable little track.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Worst tracks....EVER.

#1 Vineland, New Jersey (Circle Track). Backwards down the paved front straight from turn 1 into turn 4, over the high back and into the pits, just past the wreckers that were waiting to haul them to the junk yard.

#2 Reading, Pa. Fairgrounds. Dirt circle 3/8 mile track. Drag Racing down the front straight into turn 1. LOTS of fun, unless you couldn't navigate turn 1. All the fans sat at the finish line enjoying all the wrecked cars.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think Waynesboro, VA and Eldora in WV were part circle tracks also. Probably a lot more.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Fern did a fast 4.60 bike wreck at piedmont?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Kind of isolated down here in the country. Might have but as of right now I have not heard.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
The management and how the program is run, has more to do with it, than the actual track surface.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Luke & Big Jed talked on their podcast earlier this year about some of the tracks they've been to, "track talk" is the episode title. listen to their "worst tracks" list you'll hear some pretty interesting stories

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 45 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post