DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Lebanon Valley divisional
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lebanon Valley divisional
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Wondering how their going to pull this off where NY just mandated a required quarantine

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the 14 day quarantine is specific to travelers coming from Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah and Texas to NY, NJ and Connecticut. None of the competitors at LVD will be from those states and the truth is it's non enforceable.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
No one is going to do a 14 day quarantine even if they did come from those states.
As Ed said, how are they going to enforce it?
All you have say is you've been in NY for 15 days in your motorhome vacationing. How are they going to know?

They tried that 14 day BS in other states, doesn't work.
Smile

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My guess is that after the July 4th weekend some states are gonna change the " rules"

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I’m at LVD now and a rig pulled in with Florida plates tonight. Don’t know who it was but I wouldn’t want to be driving around up here with plates from a state on the list right now, that’s just asking for trouble. No way to enforce it anyway but that doesn’t mean it won’t be a big headache if you get pulled over.

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I know here in CT the police already said they aren't enforcing it.
I'm sure the other states won't either.
If you get into an accident you'll have bigger issues to worry about than a quarantine.

I'd say the Florida plate is just for registration/tax purposes only anyway.
Smile

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Spectators are allowed back this weekend after a federal judge found Cuomo’s limitations to be potentially unconstitutional.

https://www.dragway.com/post/w...s-show-this-saturday

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It's ALL unconstitutional and every bit ALL about politics, the dems latest effort to keep Trump from being reelected.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
Spectators are allowed back this weekend after a federal judge found Cuomo’s limitations to be potentially unconstitutional.

https://www.dragway.com/post/w...s-show-this-saturday

Good deal!! Everyone racing this weekend, good luck, have fun and be safe

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
get your racing in now while you still can because I predict it's over by August 1, maybe sooner.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I hope you're wrong Ed, the Mile High Nationals are August 7-9 and we're entered. Hope we get to race.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
They act surprised when the numbers of cases go up.
WTF
It was pretty simple to see that once things opened up and more testing happens the numbers were bound to go up.

We all better hope TRUMP wins cuz if Biden gets in with his "Green New Deal" with his "carbon tax" and phasing out gasoline powered vehicles by 2030, say bye-bye to any motor sports.

In reality its pretty easy to do, just add a LARGE Federal fuel surcharge tax on each gallon of fuel.
That'll kill any use of an internal combustion engine racing or otherwise.

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
we will have far more important issues to deal with than the loss of racing if biden beats Trump.