New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mickey Thompson
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've never had any issues with any of the major brands.

Currently have friends with fast door cars using all 3 major brands. They're all at each others throats about tires every weekend, and they all go right now the track. 4.50-4.70 door cars.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Goodyear probably calculated that it would cost them less to buy MT than it would have cost to develop a tire that worked and then paying to promote it to the racing world. A lot of times in business it's cheaper in the long run to buy a competitor than it is to compete with them. I've been using Hoosier for years with no issue but the more choices there are, the better - competition helps to keep prices competitive.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 625 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
Goodyear probably calculated that it would cost them less to buy MT than it would have cost to develop a tire that worked and then paying to promote it to the racing world. A lot of times in business it's cheaper in the long run to buy a competitor than it is to compete with them. I've been using Hoosier for years with no issue but the more choices there are, the better - competition helps to keep prices competitive.

Like!^^

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4469 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Ed

I agree 100% and also with regards to any product, comparisons of these products with anyone of Peter's status/talent etc. is useless. He and others like him can win with anything, in anything.

Also with my own eyes, the TD racer who tried the GY's at Lebanon that just did another burnout on the starting line, he and his car won a D1 TD championship with MT's. And honestly that's sad because GY has the HP to do the R&D and develop a good tire but have failed over and over for years. In addition I know a number of racers who were very loyal to GY but just couldn't be any longer due to the issues they had with GY tires. Even free costs you money when they let you down.

PM Sent Top.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4469 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post