DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Too many cars , Maple Grove
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too many cars , Maple Grove
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tom that payout sucks, but I admire your attitude towards racing for the fun of it and not letting the buybacks keep you away. keep on keeping on!

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Harry's Taxi-2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve140:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I like the payout and how they are trying to work with people on the rules.

There was a track here that was a very nice track but the rules and payout could change at any time even after race started. Not good, here Maple Grove has an issue trying to get race in and are letting everyone know and trying to be fair. That is all you can ask for. We all want to race and get home at decent hour.

We have one of those nearby. South Mountain, a little over an hour west of Maple Grove. You're lucky to get $20 for R/U in Super, $50 to enter. Round money? HA! also $50 test and tune entry.....he's pretty much turned it into a burnout/playtime amusement park.

As far as Maple Grove, that was the third or fourth time this year they could not finish the program because of too many cars. The 418 number was tech cards sold. A lot of double entries and etc. Saw a car the day after triple entered at MG. Two different drivers in the same car running Pro, and one of said drivers running it in Super.

I talked to one of the drivers involved in the final split in Pro. He got $300 for 4 rounds and was more than happy with that.

"Trust the Plan"

Posts: 27 | Location: Newville Pa | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I believe most tracks would love to have a problem like having to many tech cars sold. No its not good not being able to finish a race , but I think most guys that race there know what up and still choose to race... At my two local tracks that have a gate time during the summer of 3pm to 4pm the three finals I have been in this year ALL have been after 3am with a total tech cards being sold in the 235 range....LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Here is a different perspective…...my local track is a long ways from "nowhere" as a matter of fact when you get to "nowhere" hang a left and keep going as far as you can, until you find the sunset. the population the track draws from, say 100 miles around, is way less than 100 thousand. there are no interstates nor freeways. etc. just rural roads. its about 10 miles from my house. the track is 1/8th mile, part of the creek that flows beside the track is tidal. The owners VHT the track for every race, traction is good. they carry full insurance, NHRA track, run two day shows once a month or so, have 7 employees on race day. they charge $35 entry all classes, usually have around 30 cars show up. they take $5 bucks and put it back into seed for a purse, then the racers have to put $10 bucks into the racers pot in order to run for whatever money is in there. usually $100-$200 bucks total, no round money.....end of the day its a trophy, take your own pictures, and collect a couple of bucks, if you win and entered the pot....you get to make all the time runs you want to, when everyone stops coming up to run, they cut it off and start the race... everything is usually done by 3PM in the afternoon.....no drama, BBQ and drink beer after. the point is, there are many different tracks out there, some good some not, but our little track?/ we kinda like it here. even when the timing equipment acts up, or a deer gets in the shutoff area, even rains now and again.

Posts: 79 | Location: myrtle point ore | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
Tom that payout sucks, but I admire your attitude towards racing for the fun of it and not letting the buybacks keep you away. keep on keeping on!

Oh, you bet. As long as it doesn't become too expensive for me to play, I don't see me quitting anytime soon. Smile A program like the one at Maple Grove, with no b*ybacks, would just make it even better. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post