DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Too many cars , Maple Grove
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too many cars , Maple Grove
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted

Posts: 35 | Location: new jersey | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
And some people said they would never get the racers back.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Do they do the same thing as Norwalk and not have b*ybacks, so that they can complete their races? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
First off Norwalk doesn’t have a curfew, secondly Norwalk on points days doesn’t have buybacks, thirdly no racers are allowed to double enter unless you have separate car for each entry and no car can go down the track twice in same round. And yes they do race late into the night.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think u meant the next day early morningSmile

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yep. I have lost in finals at 4 am several times.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
First off Norwalk doesn’t have a curfew, secondly Norwalk on points days doesn’t have buybacks, thirdly no racers are allowed to double enter unless you have separate car for each entry and no car can go down the track twice in same round. And yes they do race late into the night.

I apologize for any confusion. Let me rephrase my question: Does Maple Grove have b*ybacks? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That I don’t know.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
The Maple Grove ET Racer Handbook is very comprehensive. There is no mention of buybacks in there. They also pay $5 to first round winners.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
What I find funny is most tracks operators think a higher entry and increased purse is needed to attract racers. Maple has gone the opposite direction and it seems to be working. Last race, they had over 400 entries.

http://www.maplegroveraceway.c...e-Book-2018-Rev2.pdf

$40 entry with no buybacks for Super and Pro.

MONEY TRAIL PAYOUTS
SUNOCO RACE FUELS ET SERIES
WEEKLY PAYOUTS

Super:

Winner $1,500 win
Runner-Up $600
Semi-Finalist $175
1/4 Finalist $125
1st Round Win $5
Other Round $10

Pro:

$40 round money starting round 3
Winner $1,500
Runner-Up $600
Semi-Finalist $175
1/4 Finalist $125
1st Round Win $5
Other Round $10

Street:

$30 round money starting round 3
Winner $400 win
Runner-Up $150 runner-up
Semi-Finalist $75
1/4 Finalist $50
1st Round Win $5
Other Round $10

Top Bike:

Winner $500 win
Runner-Up $200 runner-up
Semi-Finalist $75
1/4 Finalist $50
1st Round Win $5
Other Round $10

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I like the payout and how they are trying to work with people on the rules.

There was a track here that was a very nice track but the rules and payout could change at any time even after race started. Not good, here Maple Grove has an issue trying to get race in and are letting everyone know and trying to be fair. That is all you can ask for. We all want to race and get home at decent hour.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
You do realize MG draws from the largest market in the USA- within 3 hrs in any direction, there are maybe 25 million people, there is probably a few hundred more race cars available.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I like the payout and how they are trying to work with people on the rules.

There was a track here that was a very nice track but the rules and payout could change at any time even after race started. Not good, here Maple Grove has an issue trying to get race in and are letting everyone know and trying to be fair. That is all you can ask for. We all want to race and get home at decent hour.

We have one of those nearby. South Mountain, a little over an hour west of Maple Grove. You're lucky to get $20 for R/U in Super, $50 to enter. Round money? HA!

As far as Maple Grove, that was the third or fourth time this year they could not finish the program because of too many cars. The 418 number was tech cards sold. A lot of double entries and etc. Saw a car the day after triple entered at MG. Two different drivers in the same car running Pro, and one of said drivers running it in Super.

I talked to one of the drivers involved in the final split in Pro. He got $300 for 4 rounds and was more than happy with that.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post
I'm going to MG this Saturday just to have some fun. MG does not have buybacks. To my knowledge round money starts with a first round win. The round money is small until you get to the later rounds.

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve140:
(snip)
I talked to one of the drivers involved in the final split in Pro. He got $300 for 4 rounds and was more than happy with that.

I won four rounds this past Saturday, lost in the fifth. 27 cars total entered. $40 entry fee. I got....zero. Yeah, I'd have been tickled to get $300 too. Gotta love b*ybacks. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
But bracket racing is dying Laughing Hard

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
quote:
(snip)

I won four rounds this past Saturday, lost in the fifth. 27 cars total entered. $40 entry fee. I got....zero. Yeah, I'd have been tickled to get $300 too. Gotta love b*ybacks. Take care. Tom Worthington

Why blame buybacks for this situation? The buyback was bringing in more potential round money. The payout structure and how much the track was keeping wasn't the fault of buybacks.

There seems to be a common thread here: Most racers like round money to start fairly early. Yes it is nice to have the big payday now and then. But some round money when you go a few, is fun. Even if it cuts into the final round money. It's fun when you get into the third round and are made whole from your entry fee. Or fourth when you bought back. But round money isn't sexy on the flyers.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
(snip)

That is ridiculous. That should have been the final round. So was it the semis? No matter what, if the last four cars aren't getting paid, then I hope everyone has pump gas cars otherwise what is the point of even showing-up? I'd find a different place to race, or go back to one of my other hobbies.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I raced there that weekend and had a great time. They moved it along as quickly as they could have. There are some things that need to be changed, but to see that many cars at a Bracket Points Day was pretty impressive to see. I was still in going into the 4th round when they called it. The money was split and I got $200. And they did not have any buybacks. Just my view from being there that day.

Posts: 23 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
quote:
quote:
(snip)

That is ridiculous. That should have been the final round. So was it the semis? No matter what, if the last four cars aren't getting paid, then I hope everyone has pump gas cars otherwise what is the point of even showing-up? I'd find a different place to race, or go back to one of my other hobbies.

It was 5 cars remaining (1/4 final). I figure it went about like 27 first round, 23 second round, 20 third round, 10 fourth round, 5 fifth round, 3 sixth round, 2 seventh round. Yes, first and second round b*ybacks. And yes, without b*ybacks, fifth round obviously would have been the final. I doubt the dragster I beat in the second round was running pump gas. Wink

I don't bracket race for the purse, I bracket race for enjoyment. I do like some sort of reward for stringing several round wins together, though. Doesn't have to even be cash. It could just be points in a points race. I'll be back, next week. And I still will not be buying back. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington