Find
Notify
Tools

Hurt
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Who got hurt at Pittsburgh today?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am not going to say his name, but he didn’t make it. It is believed it may have been caused by a previous medical condition.

Posts: 20 | Location: Pa. | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Sad news, thoughts and prayers to the family.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
God Speed! Sad news for sure. Prayers for him and his Family/Racers.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Rest In Peace.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
I was up there this weekend. Terrible Scene. Prayers to his family & friends.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Personally, I have absolutely no idea what ya'll are talking about. Was this an incident at a bracket race? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes Tom.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I say we celebrate his life. We celebrate him living a long life. We celebrate him doing what he loved until the end. RIP

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I agree with canted.....But DRR has honored the winners with no mention of this other than to mention Fridays purse being split between Sat and Sun.....No mention of why.......

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern,

Maybe the family wanted privacy or just no publicity. I don’t know but sure sad to see this. Rest In Peace sir!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hope you are right---Many years ago at Atco I held my friend in my arms as he died, maybe he was already dead, after he rolled his car at the stripe.....never saw so many people rush to cover their ass when it was an accident. Been way to many gone over the years but---he was doing what he loved I think. What a way to go.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern just letting you know I appreciate everyone's feelings and wanting to respect the ones we lose.

I'm just the one who doesn't like the other message boards and FB post getters that use a loss of life and severe accidents for what I feel is attention and I try not to do it.

Members posting feel good moments on their friends is much more personal. Hope I don't offend anyone by not mentioning these type of happenings.

SL...

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good enough Scott. I respect your judgment.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Hey Fern just letting you know I appreciate everyone's feelings and wanting to respect the ones we lose.

I'm just the one who doesn't like the other message boards and FB post getters that use a loss of life and severe accidents for what I feel is attention and I try not to do it.

Members posting feel good moments on their friends is much more personal. Hope I don't offend anyone by not mentioning these type of happenings.

SL...

Tough situation, and your choosing to not cover things like this is completely understandable.

The racer that passed at Keystone has been a very good friend of mine for more than 45 years. He took me to that very track and taught me all about bracket racing starting in 1974 or 75. He called me the day prior and chewed my ass for not loading up my junk and going to the track with him. I sure wish that I would have done just that.....

Anyway, the autopsy was done on Sunday, but no results have been released yet. I will be shocked if it was not a heart attack. Tomorrow afternoon I will say my final goodbye to Jimmy Baker, and I know that I will have a lot of company.

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:

SL...

L I K E
Not worthy

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There have been several fatalities on tracks the last several years and the one thing they all have in common is WE never know what the cause of death was. Lots of rumor, speculation and hearsay but never facts.

Bottomline is what we do is dangerous, always was.

That said, I'm smarter today than I was when I first started racing 30 years ago and I will not put my son/my cars on any track with armco steel guardrails for any amount of $.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Much better article, more about Jim and his family and passion for racing. I didn't know him well, but he pitted right down the road from me, and I'd see him in the lanes. Super nice guy. There have been a couple of bang ups I've seen in my time racing, but first time a racer didn't walk away. It's rough. I feel for my friends who worked on him, trying to revive him.

Jim Baker tribute

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
he got his wish