DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Thoughts about more ways to win or be encouraged
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts about more ways to win or be encouraged
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I wish I had a Dollar for every time this topic has been thrashed on this forum over the last 25 years, all these ideas, and not one of the usual suspects has taken the initiative to buy / operate, or work at a track, to prove out their theories.

goob- just sayin'

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1607 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I have zero desire to own, operate, or work at a race track. ZERO. Doesn't make my opinions invalid. And I do recall what it was like to be a beginner, and what drew me to the sport. Just sayin'...

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Many years ago our local track would run trophy after the weekly bracket show was over. A lot of the spectators would hang around and get into it. Track made some extra money, no complaints of street cars messing up the racing surface and it kept the spectators interested. Some of the locals would come through the gate late and get into the trophy race.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I have to go back through this when I'm more awake, but one thing I think could help is dial in lanes at test and tune... no entry fee, doesn't take any longer to run, gets racers, new or old, practice on finish line driving, thinking about what to dial, etc. Designate 2 lanes for dialing in, after 1 or 2 rounds/sessions of the test and tune.
Dial for dollars on a race day would do the same thing, allow for practice. Tracks could charge whatever for it, and give a purse, or simply do it as a practice elimination run but it's a time trial. Offer a "normal" time trial for racers who don't want to buy in.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What ever happened to those dial for dollars time runs anyway?

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Some tracks still do it. Bristol has a late time run if you want to buy in, basically charging you for a time run that's within a couple of hours of your first round. They pay 1/2 the take and winner gets 1st rnd bye. Others run it during 2nd time run, some give 1/2 of the take some give a mulligan for the race. I used to like Knoxville's format where 2nd time run everyone put a dial on their car and if you wanted in the dash you paid if you didn't you still had a dial on the car. Paid back 1/2 but they did away with it I think because of lack of personnel.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pageland SC used to pay it ALL back. Thats right, all of it. I won a lot of them back in the day.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post