DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Does Anbody Really Listen?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anbody Really Listen?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
As a member of the media, I’ve asked that question a number of times. Now I know people read what we write and I, along with every other writer, likes to hear the compliments along with the critiques. Okay maybe not always the critiques, but yes, we know people read what we write.

https://dragracingedge.com/the...ybody-really-listen/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
When all you ever hear is people complaining about ****, you eventually just tune it/them out. This website is a prime example. 99.6% of the posts here are nothing more than people *****ing about something. Gets old after a while.

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just as LONG as it doesn't get like Y_____ B_____!

Posts: 61 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fivecentcharlie:
When all you ever hear is people complaining about ****, you eventually just tune it/them out. This website is a prime example. 99.6% of the posts here are nothing more than people *****ing about something. Gets old after a while.

I agree. If I owned a dragstrip...I'd sell it. However, if I owned a dragstrip and had to make a go of it, I wouldn't pander to bracket racers. Almost anything else you held there would be more profitable and considerably less of a pain. Local tracks around here hold weekly (or even more often) test and tune days that make them plenty of money. Generally, that crowd just does it's thing, leaves, and about all they complain about is the track not being open. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don't know that there is that much complaining. But you know, the squeaky wheel...

But when it comes to drag strips...You have to be aware that managing one means you are the complaint department. Not the compliment department. Don't expect a daily compliment, hug or pat on the back. Your pat on the back is the money in the drawer at the end of the day. Just like any other business. You don't think WalMart waits all day for their pat on the back do you? Customer service is basically resolving complaints. It doesn't mean everyone is unhappy. It means you are dealing with the unhappy ones.

Now as far as changes: You simply can't do some of the things people want. I manage a team at work, and some people ask....expect the damnest things today. If someone, everyone asked for a daily one hour massage, or hand job....would you comply? That may seem extreme, but it is along the lines of what some and sometimes many expect. You can't please everyone.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I don't know that there is that much complaining. But you know, the squeaky wheel...

But when it comes to drag strips...You have to be aware that managing one means you are the complaint department.

And dont forget, some people are NEVER happy. They will complain about anything and everything, nonstop. And they are that way in all aspects of their lives, not just at the racetrack.

Posts: 525 | Location: Orange County, NC | Registered: September 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^This!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Could you repeat the question?

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post