DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    parts call weld wheel centers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

parts call weld wheel centers
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Need cpl centers fow weld wheels spindle mount 17x 2 -1/4".Cap measures 1.77 where pushes into wheel. Wheels are Aluma Star's. Found on jegs but heck half what I paid for wheels for 2 centers is little stout,but may be last resort.

Hoping someone has a set or one(found one on ebay) laying around

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4160 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chris, I'm assuming you mean the dust caps that press on over the bearings and spindle nut?
I lost one several years ago and like you wasn't going to pay $50-$60 for one damn cap....
So I ordered 2 Mr. Gasket 2485 chrome caps and machined my rims I.D. .020" larger.
I seem to remember the MR. Gasket caps were like $8 each.
If I could find the original Weld cap off my other rim I'd send it to you, but I looked around and it's long gone....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4440 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks for info.

Posts: 4160 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Yep Weld is really proud of those caps, I had to replace one a couple of years back after I hit it with the golf cart while unloading.

Posts: 2398 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thinking I will juest buy the one off ebay and make one to match.Hopefully go better than last night.Got it made,fitted and was making last cuts to contour edge.Damn thing bit,ripped out and cut cpl deep c gouges it in.Some how it flew across shop after lathe was shut off and not sure where it landed. LOL so much for having bad temper,seems to work ever time..