Find
Notify
Tools

Texas
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Murderplex…3 crashes this weekend Shake head WTF

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the shortage of VHT is rearing its ugly head? HMMMM

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Hard breaking and driving out of the groove. It doesn't matter which track you are at cause accidents are going to happen.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Accidents do happen but 3 at the same race is rare

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I had no problems there last weekend.... car was on point.... maybe there using different traction compound..

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Like JR said, we raced 1/4 mile for 4 days without any real issues with the track, I went 230mph plus.
That being said the groove is narrow and both lanes the groove goes toward the center line. The corvette roadster that went over the wall today right slick was on the centerline when the car hooked left hard. He was very lucky he didn't hit the scoreboard and walked away from the very nasty crash

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
More S/G crashes there than probably anywhere in the nation. The pro cars could pretty much let go of the steering wheel and still get down the track since they pound the tire into the groove so hard.

Look over at your opponent and get out of the groove and you can be in trouble in an instant.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
There was one really bad crash yesterday but it did not appear to be due to braking.
One thing I have noticed is often there is the first 1/8 mile is protected from the wind by the bleachers on both sides. When you pass the bleachers on 1/4 mile runs the wind will often move you over some once you pass the bleachers usually to the left. Just do not panic or over correct just hold on and drive through it. Similar to like when 18 wheeler goes by other direction and moves your car around some. You do not crank the steering wheel. Seen some times there from the tower where the groove is right down the middle to where the bleachers stop and then it moves over to left after.

I think the Motorplex track itself is a very good track, but I am aware of it moving around a little once you clear the bleachers. Now the pits are a mess with gravel every where and that place needs fresh asphalt put down but they will never spend the money for that. And the Motorplex does not care at all about Bracket racing so that is a problem.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4008 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^This

For whatever reason it always felt to me like the left lane was worse about being moved over to the left by the wind. I guess the wall in the right lane helps somewhat but the left catches more wind.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
^^^^^This

For whatever reason it always felt to me like the left lane was worse about being moved over to the left by the wind. I guess the wall in the right lane helps somewhat but the left catches more wind.

You are right Sir.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4008 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I wasn't there, were all these crashes declared the track was the issue?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TORQIN:
I wasn't there, were all these crashes declared the track was the issue?[/QUOTE
Chris, I saw a few posts on FB saying it was like ice past the 1/8 mile mark. you may ask your brother since he is there.

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
What race is going on there this weekend? As for me and JR and others the previous weekend was fine. Although I didn't want to I was first out on the track two days in a row at the divisional and we were ok.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Brother says "track is fine" ...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Brother says "track is fine" ...

The track is fine, 2 of those were out of the groove, one lost and engine and even with diaper he got some fluid under the tires.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the 3 racers that crashed thought it was fine. Must be a reason why this track is called murderplex

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I wonder if the 3 racers that crashed thought it was fine. Must be a reason why this track is called murderplex

The one I saw was all over the center stripe before it turned... Never have heard it called Murderplex till this thread myself

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

The one I saw was all over the center stripe before it turned... Never have heard it called Murderplex till this thread myself

Ediot is talking out his tooter about something he knows nothing about and a track he has never been down. I am not going to say what caused these wrecks but Motorplex is a good, smooth track with long shut down. Pits are pretty bad but track is good.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I wasn't there, were all these crashes declared the track was the issue?

Not hardly. I was 1.01 sixty and 4.47 all weekend. appeared to be cars out of the groove, hard braking and just bad luck with parts breakage.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
More accurate than "murderplex".

Thanks for clarification Mike! Confirmed Bruce!