DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    NHRA Releases 2019 National Event Quotas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA Releases 2019 National Event Quotas
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Nice to see TD and TS at Indy and the main stream classes at all the evnets! But, look how low some of the numbers are.

Posts: 2104 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was surprised to see they went from 18 events in 2018 to 16 events in 2019 for T/S and T/D
I thought it might increase.

Just trying to have some FUN!

Posts: 51 | Location: Torrance , Ca. | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Should be an interesting season for sure. Surprised that it was kept under wraps as long as it was. Rumor was floating for most of the fall. Props to those who kept it on the down low.... LOL! Good luck to everyone!

Posts: 12 | Location: Twister City, OH / Athens, GA / Brownsburg, IN | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jrdragsdad
posted Hide Post
I'm hearing Kil-Kare Raceway in Xenia Ohio is going to have a T/D and T/S race June 7-8th
$3000 win
$1000 r/u
$500 semi.
$300 qtrs.

$200 Entry
$300 to each low qualifier
A flyer will be out shortly so watch their website and FB for more info.

Posts: 90 | Location: ohio | Registered: May 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Super disappointed that they won’t have TD at Topeka or Dallas. Last two years Denver(extremely limited parking) and Brainard (noise curfew) didn’t fill. Topeka has lots of great parking, no curfew, and filled at 3 grade points last two years yet no TD...makes no sense.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
dropping all the super classes to 60 should alleviate some of the parking issues at least

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I only count 286 total sportsman entries at Epping now that they cut TD and with no Prostock I guess that will fix the parking issues. I guess instead of asking tracks to make the investments they agreed to you just cut car counts. Closest national event for north east TD racers is now over 500 miles away.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Okerman:
I was surprised to see they went from 18 events in 2018 to 16 events in 2019 for T/S and T/D

No Vegas 2 or Pomona 2?? Lots of room at those too. 32 to 36?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4494 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Okerman:

No Vegas 2 or Pomona 2?? Lots of room at those too. 32 to 36?

Geeze D7 already has 4 events, how many do you need. Someone from D7 could run for the TD/Ts National championship and never leave the division

Posts: 2425 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The East/ Mid East Coast has the least amount of traveling for Nats and divisional. We sat down and figured out the travel. It is amazing. This division is huge! If you live where we are it’s 900 mlies to Tuscon and 600 to Vegas. Then if we decide an out of division like Seattle it’s 900... One way.... not complaining... but it is easier East.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4494 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post