DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    WTH........was Leah late for first round ??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTH........was Leah late for first round ??
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
Ain't that the f-ing truth! STK and S/STK clowns.......

what are you raceist mike?

Ha ha! I am "racist" on the track, slow poke in the pits. You know, I didn't pull any wheelies with your golf cart, unlike my buddy Pete! Smile

See you when Spring arrives, one of these months......... Frown

Keep-up with the Chinese build, we need some entertainment. Only 40* here today, snow still piled everywhere, this is getting old fast!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
what exactly was this "high rate of speed?"

which NHRA barney fife clocked her?

That's like the "exhibition of speed" ticket the cops give out. Just means the cop didn't like how you were driving.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Probably not a good idea to touch the official either.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
what exactly was this "high rate of speed?

Not hard to tell that.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Can't sell tickets.. you have to get revenue however you can to continue the "circus". Just a matter of time before they run out of millionaires like Force, Schumacher, Grays, Torrance and Kalitta to field and help fund, with used parts, about 1/2 of the Pro Categories. "pros being the key word. You could win all the National Events and probably not cover expenses for the fuel car, not to mention the 5 semis they drag in to the pit area. Those $10K fines......think they go into the retirement packages for "the Boys of NHRA" or maybe to help a Children's Hospital or Veterans Organization???

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Can't sell tickets.. you have to get revenue however you can to continue the "circus". Just a matter of time before they run out of millionaires like Force, Schumacher, Grays, Torrance and Kalitta to field and help fund, with used parts, about 1/2 of the Pro Categories. "pros being the key word. You could win all the National Events and probably not cover expenses for the fuel car, not to mention the 5 semis they drag in to the pit area. Those $10K fines......think they go into the retirement packages for "the Boys of NHRA" or maybe to help a Children's Hospital or Veterans Organization???

The don’t seem to have any problems selling out events. So how is that workout as far as can’t sell any tickets?

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
You could win all the National Events and probably not cover expenses for the fuel car

Same in any motorsport.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

speed limit in the pits is 5 mph, 15 mph on a return road.... pretty easy to tell the difference.between 45 mph and 15 mph...

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
No matter what the reason I think it's great. She always seems to have a very entitled attitude like she is better than everyone else. Maybe been taking some lessons from Muldowney!! LOL

Posts: 7 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
She always seems to have a very entitled attitude like she is better than everyone else

Meaning She turned you down?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I think she is a very attractive young lady that brings something to the sport. She has paid her dues and she can drive.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
think she is a very attractive young lady that brings something to the sport

Really?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
quote:
think she is a very attractive young lady that brings something to the sport

Really?

She will be paying more than dues now...Ouch

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Speed limit on return road is 15. Anyone pay attention to the speed the tow vehicles are doing, towing TF or FC back from scales ?
45/50 usually.
And blowing the horn at every one. Listen to the racket those cars make on the return road...

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
quote:

speed limit in the pits is 5 mph, 15 mph on a return road.... pretty easy to tell the difference.between 45 mph and 15 mph...

where did you see that she was going 45 mph?

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Next I would like to see them address the way these teams tow through the pits. If they need to extend the time between rounds do it but no need to have cars being towed past spectators at those speeds. If any one of us sportsman guys went through the pits like that for any reason we would be thrown out of the event. And I don'buy that they have to do it because they don't all go that fast. The two I noticed in particular at epping last year were Brittney's and Antron's cars. And I happen to have a ton of respect for Antron just didn't like that at all.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MasRacing:
Next I would like to see them address the way these teams tow through the pits. If they need to extend the time between rounds do it but no need to have cars being towed past spectators at those speeds. If any one of us sportsman guys went through the pits like that for any reason we would be thrown out of the event. And I don'buy that they have to do it because they don't all go that fast. The two I noticed in particular at epping last year were Brittney's and Antron's cars. And I happen to have a ton of respect for Antron just didn't like that at all.

I completely agree. If they want the pit to be spectator friendly, keep it safe.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:

That's like the "exhibition of speed" ticket the cops give out. Just means the cop didn't like how you were driving.

Dave I have a blower shop manifold I will sell

707-486-1153

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post