Find
Notify
Tools

NC white out
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
I know 10" snow is dusting to you yankee's and mid westerners. Here in NC its pretty good size storm

Sitting deer stand this morning and watching the white out.Maybe 650 yards to house and can't see half that distance. Yea not sanest thing to do but what else to do at 6:30 on Sunday morning? Good way to test my hunting gear, except my scope(got to have something to test it on.Plus I love a adventure.LO

Roads are fun.Most everyone staying in leaves more room for me to play. Getting ready for four wheeler rally at the store and tear up some country roads. Then back to one of the barns for some good BS and moutain dew.You know I might try that growing up thing sometime. Nope don't sound like fun.

Everyone in NC get out and enjoy the winter wonderland we don't get it often.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chris I missed it all by coming to Baltimore where it is dry as a bone. Never been in a deer stand as we always hunt, it wait for o e to stroll by Wink

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Currently 49 in New Bern. Just got off the phone with my sister, she said they measure snow in tenths of an inch. When it does snow (any amount) everything closes down. It’s colder at my house than it is in New Bern.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
We have about 3 inches of very wet, slushy, icy, disaster. Not even frozen enough to do doughnuts. Just a big mess.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I haven't measured it here. We got 3 or 4 inches, but it's been sleeting since 9 or so this morning. We've still got power, but the trees are starting to look heavy. I suspect we'll be in the dark soon. We went to Waffle House earlier. Took 20 minutes or so to get 3 miles. Not many people out.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All rain here. Just 15 miles south of Charlotte. I didn't see a single flake and I'm okay with that after fighting that crap for 40 years in Buffalo!

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I'll take snow over ice any and every day. HAd a blast today.Pretty sure in the morning I am going to regret parts of it. 6 am sitting in tree with hangover will have me wondering what the hell I was thinking. Getting old we shut down around 5:30 bunch of old ****s have to get home to wives. Hell mine was surprised I got home before 10 or so.LOL

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
18 to 20 inches outside of Boone, I hade to shovel a spot in the yard so the dog could p and kubota took care of the rest. Played on the snowmobile a little also.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Guess ride to Boone to trout fish probably not best idea? Well if NFC could lend me snowmobile? Oh wait its 110 to Boone guess will wait.