DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Ed, I’m gonna try these new tires!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ed, I’m gonna try these new tires!
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Okay bud, just put new Goodyear endurance tires on the trailer. My Bridgestone Duravis tires had split.

Leaving for Dallas race next week. I’ll report back on the good, bad and ugly.

We will see!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Goodyear g614….way better….lol

Posts: 1247 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Vern, I’ve been very happy with them since the first set 5 years ago on my Intech trailer, you will be too. Second set has been just as good.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I put 8 on one of my equipment trailers last year. Already lost one. Was quite surprised.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
I put 8 on one of my equipment trailers last year. Already lost one. Was quite surprised.
You definitely should try the g614……probably weighs triple what that endurance does…

Posts: 1247 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I personally know many racers who run the endurance on their trailer and like me, not one has “lost one” or had any type of issue with these tires.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
You definitely should try the g614……probably weighs triple what that endurance does…

And cost triple as much! Wow. $500 each!

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There’s a place for the G614 and loaded weight is the determining factor as in maybe a 32 foot stacker loaded with door cars.

That said, my triple axle, non stacker, aluminum trailer weighs close to 15,000 lbs. loaded with both cars, golf cart, scooter, generator, air compressor, fuel, tools, parts, equipment and supplies going down the road and the Goodyear Endurance 235/80r16 has been a trouble free tire at this weight, now on my 2nd set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s right, your pos junk, planked open deck utility trailer is not fit for a skid steer much less a race car of any value but yours is junk so it’s perfect and therefore your endorsement of this tire is meaningless!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
That’s right, your pos junk, planked open deck utility trailer is not fit for a skid steer much less a race car of any value but yours is junk so it’s perfect and therefore your endorsement of this tire is meaningless!

You stupid Forum Fool, you took the bait hook line & sinker Fool!

Your assumptions are meaningless & WRONG!

Vern has the correct information in PM & others will have the correct information when I deem fit to let YOU know Forum Fool.

You need to work on your comprehension skills #1 B1tch, I've been dropping you subtle hints for a while.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2478 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I forgot, at you FOOL.

Laughing very hard

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2478 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Broke dyck what part of the TRUTH and the FACTS about your entire racing operation do you deny? Laughing very hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here we go again.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I personally know many racers who run the endurance on their trailer and like me, not one has “lost one” or had any type of issue with these tires.

I've had the Endurance tires on my trailer for 3 years now with no issues.

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hercules 12 ply, absolutely love em so far. If they don't cut the *mustard* I'll try Endurance MarkeMark suggested.

I think Endurance is a logical choice OP, lots of successful examples in here.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:
quote:
quote:
I agree but I ran my last set 8 YEARS…….

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
You definitely should try the g614……probably weighs triple what that endurance does…[/QUOTE

I agree but I ran my last set close to 8 YEARS….

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We have about 2K miles on these & no faster than 70 mph with no issues so far. Only around 10,000 lbs. for now.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
We have about 2K miles on these

“We” translated means…not my trailer. No shyt broke dyck!

Your trailer, the trailer you waited 30 years for and custom ordered was sold long ago after you backed out once it was delivered because you didn’t have the $ to pay for it! Laughing very hard

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have G614's on my 48' Featherlite living quarters trailer. Couldn't be happier and probably overkill on that trailer, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. And I have Endurance on a couple of other trailers with no issues. Was just saying that I was surprised with 8 on my equipment trailer that one went away with very few miles on it. My 333 alone weighs about 12k.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post