DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Ed, I’m gonna try these new tires!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ed, I’m gonna try these new tires!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with our GY Endurance tires so far, but it sounds as if other members have had issues with them. My opinion is they are the best tire out there for what I'm using them for. This is on our 34' TAG, triple axle with a bathroom package at about 10,000+ lbs.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2536 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
IMHO the key is buy a reputable LT tire and it will outlive and outperform any ST tire.

GY Endurance tires will have a load rating over 10% greater than an LT tire of the same size and load rating designation. LT tire will have more tread depth and ST will have as much as 40% less tread depth than LT. In load “E”, prices are comparable for GY Endurance to LT.

All good info. IMHO I have tried MOST ST tires on the market on my own trailers or customers and I've yet to find one that I'm sold on. LT tires have given me better performance and longevity by far. The Transforce's are reasonable and I will get 5-7 years service on a set easy. Thats putting 10-20k miles on em every year.NOT concerned with the 10% load rating as all my stuff is overkill actual load vs capacity.

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

this thread is about Goodyear Endurance tires

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Many if not most all ST tires have been Made in China, Mexico, Taiwan and were D rated....65lbs air pressure

The best ones I had were the Marathons and I added 5lbs of air and that was stated in an info sheet by Goodyear themselves if you went 65-70mph

I never blew one out or had a tread separation failure, which is common.

Many tire failure are likely due to LOW air pressure and high heat but not always

The E rated ST tires are far better from what I've seen

Anyone I know who swapped to 16" rims and LT tires left their tire issues behind them from what I know....

I move trailers around all the time using a forklift and a ball mounted on one blade.....The abuse trailer tires take backing up making sharp turns is not good....Sidewalls getting distorted real bad and tires biting the pavement as I pivot the trailer.....

Backing up with your trailer is not as bad but still does the same thing.....keep it moving and try not to make sharp turns backing up....Just a word of advice....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Many if not most all ST tires have been Made in China, Mexico, Taiwan and were D rated....65lbs air pressure

The best ones I had were the Marathons and I added 5lbs of air and that was stated in an info sheet by Goodyear themselves if you went 65-70mph

Many tire failure are likely due to LOW air pressure and high heat but not always

Anyone I know who swapped to 16" rims and LT tires left their tire issues behind them from what I know....

I move trailers around all the time using a forklift and a ball mounted on one blade.....The abuse trailer tires take backing up making sharp turns is not good....Sidewalls getting distorted real bad and tires biting the pavement as I pivot the trailer.....

Backing up with your trailer is not as bad but still does the same thing.....keep it moving and try not to make sharp turns backing up....Just a word of advice....

quote:

this thread is about Goodyear Endurance tires

SCDIV1,

You didn't head the message above your post. Sorry, I had to & we do care; it has been a pretty interesting thread, that has taken a life of its own like most threads do!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2536 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
broke dyck the word is heed not head you moron!

That said, AGAIN, this thread is about the Goodyear Endurance tire which SCDIV1 has stated he ran on his trailer and more important the OP specifically started this thread to informed me that he too now has Goodyear Endurance tires on his trailer due to my comments here after running them since 2017.

quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Ed, I’m gonna try these new tires!

Okay bud, just put new Goodyear endurance tires on the trailer.

Spitting

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

This above post has nothing to do with GY Endurance tires Blithering Idiot (EDiot). How long did you use scanning instead of scamming, #1 B1tch.

We are still

Laughing very hard

& I'm a still
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
This above post has nothing to do with GY Endurance tires

Yes it does and if you read my earlier post you might have been able to comprehend that I had OTHER brands of tires that failed or wore out badly over the years but MY GOODYEAR ENDURANCE tires held up far better and it was just my way of offering my experience.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
there you go broke dyck YOU are the idiot! NahNahTounge

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by Kenny Anderson:
quote:
quote:
IMHO the key is buy a reputable LT tire and it will outlive and outperform any ST tire.

GY Endurance tires will have a load rating over 10% greater than an LT tire of the same size and load rating designation. LT tire will have more tread depth and ST will have as much as 40% less tread depth than LT. In load “E”, prices are comparable for GY Endurance to LT.

All good info. IMHO I have tried MOST ST tires on the market on my own trailers or customers and I've yet to find one that I'm sold on. LT tires have given me better performance and longevity by far. The Transforce's are reasonable and I will get 5-7 years service on a set easy. Thats putting 10-20k miles on em every year.NOT concerned with the 10% load rating as all my stuff is overkill actual load vs capacity.

Kenny was just offering his experience also. Wink

I'm a still

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kenny was just offering his experience also. Wink

I'm a still

Relaxing

What else would you expect from Kang Ed. I have never personally run the endurance tire but HAVE SEEN FAILURES of this tire. In my experience for the same money the Transforce is a SUPERIOR choice.my opinion!.... Of course I'm going to be a broke dyck, no name, no experience MF'er cause I don't use Kang Ed's personally recommended tire.

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ballz
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with my Ribs...Michelin Ribs

Kenny, I still luv ya even if Big head don't

Posts: 313 | Location: west palm beach, fla. usa | Registered: June 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Vern, so in addition to my 6 years of trouble free service on the Goodyear Endurance trailer tire, now on my second set, Tony, SCDIV1 aka Rich, Al, markemark all report the same trouble free service life for years.

I'll also report that I do not cover my tires to keep the sun from beating on them nor do I check the air psi more than maybe twice a season.

Further, markemark reports..

quote:
GY Endurance tires will have a load rating over 10% greater than an LT tire of the same size and load rating designation.

So you too should get the same trouble free and reliable service life from these outstanding, made in the USA trailer tires providing you've purchase the right size tire for the load you are pulling.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ballz:
I'll stick with my Ribs...Michelin Ribs

Kenny, I still luv ya even if Big head don't

MF'er... did you say RIBS!?! If me and momma were'nt nursing a couple bad head colds we would be meetin up fo ribs! Soon!

PS Fok Big ead! LOL! I'm just disappointed they cancelled VMP last weekend.....

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Me too!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Me too!

You too what??

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Me too!

You too what??

Exactly

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6390 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I never check air, we use nitrogen in all our trailer tires these days. Seems to work great for me...Oh yeah the blown tire was air, again not mine I just get to haul it all over the country.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 988 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Me too!

You too what??

Probably this....

"I'm just disappointed they cancelled VMP last weekend"

I've had the St' Louis race on since yesterday.....over 700 cars....A Lucas Double out there.....