DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Ed, I’m gonna try these new tires!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ed, I’m gonna try these new tires!
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
G614 ... If you have not had your hands on one in person they are no comparison to any other tire on a trailer on the market. Very heavily built with sidewalls that are comparable to a semi tire . Expensive yep. So are our trailers and cars. Just be sure to run a wheel that is the correct psi rating for the tire psi rating there is a difference.

I believe it. They have a price to match. Do they have a longer life time wise than a standard 10 ply tire?

Where do you get the higher rated rims?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I run the 614s on the stacker and they are unbelievably strong constructed tires. I now also have an "Ed" style trailer 34 foot Intech exceptspread axle. I put the Hercules tire on the smaller trailer hoping for good results. Same tires as my buddy JR Baxter has been using on same style trailer without issue. They also have a heavy-duty construction build.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
https://www.etrailer.com/Trail...Goodyear/LH93FR.html

g114 combo with heavier wheels neat setup

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is the place to buy tires. As good as Amazon on deliveries.

Hercules were at my front door the next morning,
$75 less per tire than anywhere I found.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

this thread is about Goodyear Endurance tires

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
https://www.etrailer.com/Trail...Goodyear/LH93FR.html

g114 combo with heavier wheels neat setup

x6...whew! But indestructible I imagine.

Great tire thread!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
There’s a place for the G614 and loaded weight is the determining factor as in maybe a 32 foot stacker loaded with door cars.

That said, my triple axle, non stacker, aluminum trailer weighs close to 15,000 lbs. loaded with both cars, golf cart, scooter, generator, air compressor, fuel, tools, parts, equipment and supplies going down the road and the Goodyear Endurance 235/80r16 has been a trouble free tire at this weight, now on my 2nd set.

What`s the load rating on the tires you`re using Ed.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Max load 3420lbs. ea x 6 = 20,520lbs.
Which means the tires are loaded less than 73% of total load capacity or more important, are under loaded by greater than 27%.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
The tires are 2k over the rating of the trailer "loaded".

I call that "insurance" don't ya think?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The wheels themselves usually have a lower load rating than most trailer tires

I put GoodYear Endurance tires on my trailer in 2014...They held up better than any other tire and were still on there when I sold the trailer a few months ago and in good shape...

No I did not put a ton of miles on them but I would guess at least 6000 miles...my motorhome had more than that on it since then....

They never showed any signs of tread separation or any other issue most others will and all the other tires I ever had on that trailer never made it nearly as long and were toast....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I put GoodYear Endurance tires on my trailer in 2014...

GY Endurance were first offered starting in 2017

GY Endurance Introduction

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I started to put the Bridgestone tires back on the trailer. I had no problems with them other than age. Never blew one, never even had a flat but the cost more than doubled so yes, I'm a cheap a-z-z.

I don't know if I got a decent price or not, four Goodyears were 860 out the door and the Bridgestones were almost that much for two tires. I had put two new ones on the back axle last year and then the price blew up.

Dallas is the last race for me that's more than ten miles from the house. I was going to Vegas for the Divisional but I can race our local track on the same date for twice the payout and less entry fee. That's a no brainer!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5311 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I started to put the Bridgestone tires back on the trailer. I had no problems with them other than age. Never blew one, never even had a flat but the cost more than doubled so yes, I'm a cheap a-z-z.

I don't know if I got a decent price or not, four Goodyears were 860 out the door and the Bridgestones were almost that much for two tires. I had put two new ones on the back axle last year and then the price blew up.

Dallas is the last race for me that's more than ten miles from the house. I was going to Vegas for the Divisional but I can race our local track on the same date for twice the payout and less entry fee. That's a no brainer!

Everything considered we are traveling less to race now and for the near future. Local tracks have some good programs and racing. Why burn the gas and eat up the tires?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
I put GoodYear Endurance tires on my trailer in 2014...

GY Endurance were first offered starting in 2017

GY Endurance Introduction

My bad......2016.....

I won the Dutch Classic in Oct 2016 in S/C and after getting home saw my Goodyear Matrathons were a wreck....
Put the Endurance tires on before winter I believe but am not sure....

They were on from late 2016 or early 2017 for sure....so had less miles on them than I earlier posted...

I bought tires from Discount tires direct for my trailer, MH and pickup and I am pretty sure there's no way I would have left those Marathons on very long after returning home from that race.

One was so bad I don't know how I made it home without blowing that tire....

My memory bank hiccupped on the year....

Bought trailer around 2007, had Titans on it....blew one to bits one night....Put Carlisle on after the Titans.....They were junk in maybe 2-3 years
Put Marathons on and aired them up to 65-70lbs cold....They did well....never blew one but as stated rapidly deteriorated on that trip home

Air was fine and they did not visually look bad before that return trip.....

My old trailer had a Michelin trailer tire and they never failed..they dry rot cracked and had to be replaced but Michelin stopped making that tire....

Can't recall what tires I put on but most were shot in just a few years...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bought trailer around 2007, had Titans on it....blew one to bits one night....Put Carlisle on after the Titans.....They were junk in maybe 2-3 years
Put Marathons on and aired them up to 65-70lbs cold....They did well....never blew one but as stated rapidly deteriorated on that trip home

For those that trailer little or short distance, less expensive tires seem to be ok, but they (radials) wear out just sitting on the trailer (and your car) over time. A higher quality set of trailer tires aren’t that much more.

I just gave away a set of 2.5 yr old 15” GY Endurance on steel wheels with almost 30k miles to a friend for his kids trailer. Tread was half used up but still good. Steel wheels had almost 100k miles (trailer is 2003), wiggled and I wanted aluminum which I purchased with new Endurance tires.

I’ve never had a tire failure towing, and hope I never do. But I see it often on open, enclosed and camper trailers, especially on Sundays coming back from an event. I would bet most have less expensive tires and probably over five years old. Then they put that spare on that could be older than the tire that failed. They tow 75 mph on tires speed rated for 65 which increases the chance for failure.

I've always replace the never used spare when purchasing new trailer tires, but did keep this 2.5 yr old one that'll get cycled out in 5 years along with this set now on. Cheap insurance imho.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This^^^

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:

Hey Vern! Being thrifty myself many moons ago I tried out the Firestone Transforce tires. I've had em on EVERYTHING! LQ trailer, both duallies, 2 car tag, and I just put a set on my lil Classic. I've had outstanding luck with em and the price is generally pretty reasonable. One thing I love is they make a 225/75/R16 Lt tire for guys with low wheel boxes. My Classic has low boxes (low car package) and wont fit a 235 tire. The 225/16's are bomb proof and the price is nice. Right around $160 a pop. IMHO the key is buy a reputable LT tire and it will outlive and outperform any ST tire.

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I lost two GY Endurance tires on the way home from the trailer manufacturer. Belt separations to be specific. My tire guy mounted 4 of what he uses on his trailer.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
quote:
the Firestone Transforce tires

i have had great service out of those too . left too many 15" goodyear carcasses besides the interstate to suit me. we tore up so many within 1000 miles of new goodyear refused to warranty anymore of their defects. there would be a nice thick tread area cap that would peel off like you cut it off with a razor come off all at one time then it would blow out. st rated tires are many times rated heavier than lt too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 67TSCHEVY2,

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
IMHO the key is buy a reputable LT tire and it will outlive and outperform any ST tire.

GY Endurance tires will have a load rating over 10% greater than an LT tire of the same size and load rating designation. LT tire will have more tread depth and ST will have as much as 40% less tread depth than LT. In load “E”, prices are comparable for GY Endurance to LT.