DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Who transports race cars ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who transports race cars ?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted
whos in the business ?
I'm considering shipping a small car cross country if I can stand the cost...
(352)- 949-0637 call/text
Who do you guys/gals use ???
Thanks

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
This time of year it can be tough, depends on the origin and destination. Lots of snowbirds are returning North and having their cars brought home. So going South to North is hard. Going North to South pretty good odds. East to West or vice-versa is kind of luck of the draw. If short-haul, not so bad. But long-haul, a smaller hot-shot operation with a 1-3 car trailer is gonna cost for fuel. A bigger transporter is going to want a full load, so you may end up waiting a bit.
To be honest, it seems like a somewhat sketchy industry. I'm sure there are plenty of good ones, but I also found out even the "#1 Rated BBB" transporter promised pickup within 3 days, took my deposit, then gave me a runaround for 2 weeks, complaining about wanting 2 more cars going West, stopped answering or returning my calls. Finally cancelled the order, then getting my $200 back was like pulling teeth.
I would recommend you actually talk to a few before giving a deposit or committing. Ask questions. Make sure they are insured. And is transporter open or enclosed. Even if insured, most will not cover damage like Hail, rocks, etc. Also, thanks to the Idiot Puppet running the shytshow in DC, fuel prices are really gonna jack up the cost.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The answer is yes, now what is your question?

Where are you headed Sir?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike , im in chiefland just north of you.... I want to send one out to cali.
Its a roller at like #1000 .
You are welcome to phone me.... if I don't answer ill call back
Leave a message or text. Thanks

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by W.A.O. 111:
Hi Mike , im in chiefland just north of you.... I want to send one out to cali.
Its a roller at like #1000 .
You are welcome to phone me.... if I don't answer ill call back
Leave a message or text. Thanks

Will do, Sir

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
Ok , great ! , call when ya can thx

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Contact a few of the trailer dealers out your way and see if you can hitch a ride with a trailer delivery. You got Kenny Anderson over at Fast Farms Trailer Sales right there is the sunshine state.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Look up a fellow named Thomas Marlow on FB

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
W.A. ! Mike Loge -Racer is headed to the East Coast this week or next, I am sure he is looking for a load to come back to Ca.

Nine Two Five five eight four eight four zero two

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
Id love to speak with him .... I posted my # at the start !

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
I called and left a message