DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Mandatory Drug Testing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mandatory Drug Testing
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm for drug testing just as soon as bracket racing becomes an Olympic event.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Leave it be, the only ones that might push this issue are the insurance companies. If they think that testing is needed it will only drive up overhead for operators. And might cause more track closings. Now if a driver can't pass a standard DUI test for being under the influence, Then that is a different matter.

Posts: 397 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: May 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What are the performance enhancing drugs you speak of? Anybody tried the stuff and can say that it worked?

Posts: 30 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: August 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joe Diry:
What are the performance enhancing drugs you speak of? Anybody tried the stuff and can say that it worked?

I can say for sure that I have had great results with Code Red Mountain Dew.
Smile

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Code Red Mountain Dew

Ha, I want a code green for money Smile

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Are you saying it’s a bigger issue than we think?

I don’t have anything against drinking and having a good time and there is nothing wrong with that while being responsible. Believe me I’ve served my apprenticeship! I do have an issue with anyone under the influence of anything in the other lane. Any association has the right to protect themselves and you. Imho...

I'm saying that for many going to the track is a social event where they are there for the "party" not exclusively the racing going on. The majority after they lose or whatever tend to go to the cooler and hang out with friends. I believe if there were a track or big money event that strictly enforced no alcohol on the grounds many people would choose not to go there and go support someone else.

Posts: 70 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
businesses have the right to refuse service and if they feel there is an issue they can call law enforcement in and they will handle it.
As far as alcohol on the property I'd be happy if they could just stop them from walking around with glass bottles.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by excessive braker:
quote:

I don’t have anything against drinking and having a good time and there is nothing wrong with that while being responsible. Believe me I’ve served my apprenticeship! I do have an issue with anyone under the influence of anything in the other lane. Any association has the right to protect themselves and you. Imho...

I'm saying that for many going to the track is a social event where they are there for the "party" not exclusively the racing going on. The majority after they lose or whatever tend to go to the cooler and hang out with friends. I believe if there were a track or big money event that strictly enforced no alcohol on the grounds many people would choose not to go there and go support someone else.

I get it. Thanks.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by excessive braker:
quote:

I get it too, and support letting people enjoy themselves after racing with cold ones. But, intoxicated in golf carts or vehicles? Or still influenced when racing resumes the next morning? That's clearly not ok.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This is a true story!
When I was working (CDL) I was tested 4 times in one year. Obviously nobody else could pass and it was supposed to be “Random” ... yeah right so Dec comes around and employer sees they have until the 15th to test. Again I’m pulled in. I filled out the information as; Random Polley. They finally realized what I had done, they were not impressed and had me correct it. Yes 5 times in one year. I was not pulled in the following year. Random my Full Moon

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I think random can be part of the program. But frankly with cause is probably the most effective. Some years ago one of the clubs I race with had a few racers in their 20's who would hit it pretty hard after the first day of racing. There was little doubt looking back that they were still under the influence the next morning when racing started. I didn't really think about it then. I won't tolerate it now. Particularly as my son nears the age where he could start getting in the seat, I have no tolerance for negligence when it comes to his safety. And speaking up isn't really a problem for me as I age. LOL.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In a nutshell, it's like putting marijuana recreational use to a vote.

Those who use or want to use will vote YES.
Those who don't or won't, will vote no.

So by putting it to a vote, you get an idea who does what, among other things.

Mandatory drug testing was proposed at work. Makes no difference to me, I'll pass with no problem at all. If for some reason they failed me, I'd certainly question the testing means and the motivations for the 'fail'.

Just my $.02

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mavman:
In a nutshell, it's like putting marijuana recreational use to a vote.

Those who use or want to use will vote YES.
Those who don't or won't, will vote no.

So by putting it to a vote, you get an idea who does what, among other things.

Mandatory drug testing was proposed at work. Makes no difference to me, I'll pass with no problem at all. If for some reason they failed me, I'd certainly question the testing means and the motivations for the 'fail'.

Just my $.02

That's a great idea! "Who's against drug testing? Ok. You come with me." anyone else?
LOL

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo