Find
Notify
Tools

wax for trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
While discussing trailer color the streaking thing came up Wondering if anyone has found a wax that helps with keeping it at bay.?

Not by biggest concern in life but if waxing trailer cpl times a year would keep it looking good .I could always use some karate kid training and by end of trailer I would be 7th degree black belt.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've never used any particular kind of wax. I usually use whatever I have around the garage up on the trailer so I can go buy new/special wax for the car, and not feel guilty about the 3-4 half used bottles in the garage.

Once or twice a year with a buffer should be plenty to sustain the trailer's finish.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
While I can't offer any experience with your specific situation I think it's likely you will want to use the new polymer "paint sealants" that have been around a few years now. Nu Finish is the old standby in this category. While there are newer and better, good enough should be good enough for a trailer.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wax on , wax off !!!streaks is the last thing you will be thinking about once at the track.... Hurry Up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MOD894
posted Hide Post
This is the Wax I use, holds up pretty well

https://www.turtlewax.com/our-...ba-cleaner-wax-paste

Applied with this, makes it so much easier

https://www.griotsgarage.com/p...tby=ourPicks&from=fn

Just Another Pontiac

Posts: 48 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Wax on , wax off !!!streaks is the last thing you will be thinking about once at the track.... Hurry Up

Nope. Always been of belief that you can loose looking like looser or loose looking like someone who will win. Beside with some of the super long times between 1st and 2nd round go to have something to do. Add in that most tell me that you don't work on bracket car and you have lot of time to work on looking good.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post