DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    WinterNational Monday Schedule
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WinterNational Monday Schedule
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I can not find it on TV

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
supposed to air @ 11pm on FS 1

Posts: 30 | Location: Delaware | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
Is there any wonder why advertisers/marketing partners/sponsors in the sport are leaving and not easily replaced?

With viewing schedules of late P.M. early A.M. broadcast times, how will the paid advertisers reach their intended target market?

NHRA is dropping the ball without having "Prime Time" broadcast time slots for the rain delayed races. It's hard to believe the assumedly intelligent management at the controls haven't devised a plan "B" that airs the broadcast when the majority of the normal viewing demographic will have a reasonable opportunity to tune in.
My TV listings show 3 1/2 hours of dog show during prime viewing hours this evening. Don't get me wrong I love my dogs but would rather watch drag racing than dog walkers...

*Edited for spelling*

Dan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mad Dog,

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris701:
supposed to air @ 11pm on FS 1

If history is any indicator, there will be ~350,000 people that tune into an NHRA race at any given time...The dog show will have triple that (or more). If you're running FS1 and selling ads, you're airing the dog show...

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually the stats I read say NHRA TV viewing numbers are around 1.224 MILLION.
I can't guarantee the accuracy of that stat but that's what is published.

I'd think watching dog walkers for 3 1/2 hours would be as exciting as watching paint dry...

To each his own...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I understand about weather delay and will record it when ever they play it. Look we get weather delays to do not like it but we deal with it as best we can. I just thought it was strange they did not really say when it was scheduled to show.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually the stats I read say NHRA TV viewing numbers are around 1.224 MILLION.
I can't guarantee the accuracy of that stat but that's what is published.

I'd think watching dog walkers for 3 1/2 hours would be as exciting as watching paint dry...

To each his own...

Dan

https://racer.com/2018/07/31/t...ascar-leads-weekend/

Go all the way to the bottom of that article...

This was a quick google search and is from last July. And the race was on Fox broadcast, not FS1....I think the NHRA powers that be would be walking around with permanent erections if they could draw anything over a million viewers.

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
https://www.nhra.com/news/2017...-continues-grow-2017

This was the source of the stats I stated...

Either way, most motorSPORTS enthusiasts will watch drag racing for three and half hours long before they would spend that length of time watching dog walkers...

I tune in to watch when it's broadcast at a reasonable hour of the day/evening. I would think most see it this way as well...

Like I said before, "to each his own"...

Dan

Dan

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
You really expect there to be prime-time air slots for a rain-delayed event?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
I'd bet the paid advertisers do...

That's who NHRA and the teams that race that series have to keep happy, not me...

Dan

Dan

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
David, PM sent...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
NASCAR does the same thing in regards to the rain out races. Also I did here Brian lohnes say it would be on atv11 pm Monday night, but I thought he said fs2, so I just set to record both channels.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of deadon1578
posted Hide Post
I have dishnet, FS1 channel 150 and FS2 149, set to record anything dragracing, it showed it recorded at 11 on FS!...it started as old NASCAR then bowling WTF!

Posts: 47 | Location: md | Registered: July 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post