DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    congrats to jason mccandless
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

congrats to jason mccandless
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
jason r/up in the 20 at piedmont good job to the family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 165 | Location: willow spring nc | Registered: July 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
Yes .... Congratulations! I was watching on 'Motormania'. He was looking sharp!

........ Of course, I'm somewhat 'bias' for Wagons ... with roof-racks ... with woodgrain ...... Wink

Awesome wheelstands, by the way!

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was in the tower watching this and he cut them up like a surgeon. Really good to see a young man like that do such a good job. Dave you forgot to mention the picture of the dog on the hood!

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I watched the TV feed and he did a great job. Love to watch that wagon launch! In the interview he mentioned he had the trans welded by his grandfather. I remembered seeing a post on FB by Herb McCandless Jr. about Sr. welding aluminum. Evidently they had cracked the case on the trans and pulled it and welded it Sat.
https://www.facebook.com/group...roup_comment_mention

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Eman,

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I (and 775 others) were watching this event on Motormania as well. Congrats to Jason and family on the RU. It was exciting to watch.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

It was very cool to have Herb McCandless Sr. come out to the track and take part in the winner's circle pictures with his grandson. Herb Jr. was the crew chief.
Jason's brother Johnathan was there as well as his uncle Mike who owns the wagon (and had owned the track at one point). Both of the boys have done extremely well at Loose Rocker events, proving the worth of the wealth of experience they gained in the Junior Dragster ranks. This was only Jason's fifth event in a big car. Congrats!

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You forgot to mention that Senior Herb was one of the best with the SS/AA-A Hemi cars back in the late 60s....May have been National champion.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Michael,
Thanks for posting those pictures. Herb Sr. is awesome. Something tells me that the way that wagon launches he might have had a hand in getting it to work the way it does.

Joe

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post