New
Find
Notify
Tools

Class A Motorhome
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So maybe this one is close, depending on how much I can get them down.
Tires look good but probably original and 12 years old, bet they would be a problem.
It has one full slide and another slide on the other side which makes it look huge inside.

Posts: 265 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Definitely needs tires

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If it's a dealer, talk them into new tires prior to purchase. I bought a super c a couple years back and I told the dealer if give asking price of they'd put new tires on. They agreed and now I have tires good for about seven years.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A dealer has it on consignment, I hate those, would rather deal with owner but will have to work on that...

Posts: 265 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
A dealer has it on consignment, I hate those, would rather deal with owner but will have to work on that...

You think buying houses and fixing them up is bad try a motorhome. Lol. They need a lot of work and it is hard to find a good one. I did see what appeared to be a really nice one for $69,000 it was more than I wanted to spend but seemed nice. Message me if that is something you want to check out and I will try to find it again.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3982 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Don B

Mopar Traitor

Check your FB messages

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
Pick my first one up tomorrow. Should be interesting, 16-18 hour ride home with it, guess i'll be a pro by the time i get home? LOL

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I drove my short class C home from West Virginia...250-270 miles I guess it was...

Noisy, stuff rattling, bumpy, and I was edgy the whole way...4.56 gears and engine humming away at 65

Now I drive it like a Honda and it can go anywhere....with or without my trailer.....

I routinely drive the biggest there are around our small parking lot.....40+ feet including Toters….doing generators...

Right now I have 2 30+ footers and a wide body dually style van dog truck in the lot.....

I'm like a parking valet a lot during the warmer months.....

The manual clutch toters are the worst....

I am real glad I don't have a big Class A or Toter…..

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a 31’ class A and don’t want to go any bigger when it comes time to look at newer ones. It is only me most of the time so no need to go bigger and I don’t have too much trouble getting around with 31’ it and 26’ trailer. Nothing fancy here.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I thought the same way before I drove my 30’ box Haulmark twin screw and I had driven semi trucks before. It rides like an oversized Cadillac. Bought it in Indianapolis and drove it 10 hours home. It was an easy drive. Between the 12 speed true automatic (no clutch) and the air ride seats, it’s a pleasure to drive. Don’t knock them til you have driven one.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of fatpack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I have another question. One of the motor homes I called about had "Propane Injection system" on the motor. What is that for?

Propane boils at 44° below 0! Pressure in the tank keeps it liquid, when injected into the intake the temp of the propane drops to -44° and cools the chamber and pistons during hard pulls.

Walt

Posts: 56 | Location: Sykesville | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post