Bracket Talk
MPG dropping

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/6957048896

June 17, 2022, 02:25 PM
wideopen231
MPG dropping
I have noticed both my 2016 silverado and 2005 dodge ram 1500 have both been dropping avg milage dropping lately. Thinking it ironic it is happening while gas prices are skyrocketing. Maybe more methanol in it than use to be. While it sates may contain up to 10%. I am thinking use be less and they are adding more to increase profits even more.

Anyone else notcie a descrease in milage lately.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
June 17, 2022, 03:31 PM
442OLDS
Definitely. More ethanol in fuel.
Biden signed off on this recently.
June 17, 2022, 03:50 PM
imakehp
Maybe that's why diesel is so much higher than gas now.....they can't add alky to diesel.

Dave

F J B

June 17, 2022, 05:57 PM
Bucky
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

Correct. Up to 15% for summer months. We are all burning food now.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
June 17, 2022, 06:01 PM
Mike Rietow
Biden delivered for Big Oil $$$.

Oil making up for losses under Trump.

Biden delivering the goods to the Big Boy table.

His loyal are clueless of the con, as well as most all are, in their face.

Bidens just there to take the tomatoes (blame). Stumbling and staggering and mumbling.

Helluva con.
June 17, 2022, 06:32 PM
BP758
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

E85 is 3.999 here. So if they cut the fuel then why the f are we paying top dollar? It will kill older car fuel injection systems and hoses!
Bunch of idiots!

Raceless in California!
June 17, 2022, 06:33 PM
BP758
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Maybe that's why diesel is so much higher than gas now.....they can't add alky to diesel.

7.20 here Dave. Average is 6.999

Raceless in California!
June 18, 2022, 06:06 AM
wideopen231
15% makes sense as far as , milage since it is almost the same as what I was getting when tried the 88 octane at speedway. I figured that as long as I stayed above 10% drop in mileage at the time the 20 cent cheaper would pay off and it dropped about 14% mileage, so was a no save and actual loss.

New trivia question will be what did biden do that was actually good for America. Wait that is right there has to actually be a real answer to a question before if can be used.

June 18, 2022, 06:33 AM
Bucky
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
15% makes sense as far as , milage since it is almost the same as what I was getting when tried the 88 octane at speedway. I figured that as long as I stayed above 10% drop in mileage at the time the 20 cent cheaper would pay off and it dropped about 14% mileage, so was a no save and actual loss.

New trivia question will be what did biden do that was actually good for America. Wait that is right there has to actually be a real answer to a question before if can be used.

He opend some eyes.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
June 18, 2022, 06:40 AM
Bucky
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
quote:
quote:

E85 is 3.999 here. So if they cut the fuel then why the f are we paying top dollar? It will kill older car fuel injection systems and hoses!
Bunch of idiots!

How much is regular? There is always a crossover point cost wise. My vehicles that are flex fuel run better on the e85, but get far worse mileage. The 6.2 in my Yukon is downright peppy on the corn. But hell that thing is sitting in the garage most days.
I guess with pending food shortages on every front, even a guy from corn country can see that burning a major food ingredient after all the crop planning has been done is a really bad idea. But what's new for this administration. About the time I am thinking that this administration has sinister plans, I have to remind myself that there is the possibility that they are just dumba22es.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
June 18, 2022, 07:12 AM
"The Bender"
Try filling up one time with non-ethanol fuel and see what the mileage is....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.
June 18, 2022, 09:00 AM
markemark
quote:
Try filling up one time with non-ethanol fuel and see what the mileage is

I use 93 when towing, and in Iowa the 93 is non- ethanol where I stop. My average fuel mileage display will read .5 – 1.0 higher on non-ethanol and averages in the 10-11 mpg range.
June 18, 2022, 09:40 AM
wideopen231
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bunch of idiots!

How much is regular? There is always a crossover point cost wise. My vehicles that are flex fuel run better on the e85, but get far worse mileage. The 6.2 in my Yukon is downright peppy on the corn. But hell that thing is sitting in the garage most days.
I guess with pending food shortages on every front, even a guy from corn country can see that burning a major food ingredient after all the crop planning has been done is a really bad idea. But what's new for this administration. About the time I am thinking that this administration has sinister plans, I have to remind myself that there is the possibility that they are just dumba22es.

Make no mistake it is not their dumba$$ that has things screwed up. It is part of brilliant plan with stupid ideals behind it. Anyone who can not see it is designed to destroy this country is not looking very hard.

June 18, 2022, 09:56 AM
Eman
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

Might not be alcohol but read the pump next time you buy diesel to see if or what percentage is bio-diesel.
June 18, 2022, 10:33 AM
BP758
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bunch of idiots!

Make no mistake it is not their dumba$$ that has things screwed up. It is part of brilliant plan with stupid ideals behind it. Anyone who can not see it is designed to destroy this country is not looking very hard.

6.30 reg
6.89 ethyl
My gas truck ( flex) gets better fuel mileage on ethyl. Starts better too so I blend it.

Raceless in California!
June 18, 2022, 11:17 AM
Canted Valve
quote:
About the time I am thinking that this administration has sinister plans, I have to remind myself that there is the possibility that they are just dumba22es.

The followers are DA's, the movers and shakers behind the scenes are diabolical. The perfect storm.

Illegitimi non carborundum
June 19, 2022, 07:08 AM
Roger McGinnis
quote:

6.30 reg
6.89 ethyl
My gas truck ( flex) gets better fuel mileage on ethyl. Starts better too so I blend it.

No calling you a liar, but you might need a math lesson. No way does any vehicle get better fuel economy on corn. It just takes more corn to make the energy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
June 19, 2022, 01:04 PM
Goob
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:

6.30 reg
6.89 ethyl

No calling you a liar, but you might need a math lesson. No way does any vehicle get better fuel economy on corn. It just takes more corn to make the energy.

I think he is talking about "Ethyl" as in what they call "premium" now. ??
I assume that because he's showing it being more expensive than Regular.
That dates a fella.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
June 19, 2022, 01:07 PM
Goob
Ethanol is a total waste of food resources.

It takes 147% total jet area as compared to Gasoline to run a carburetor on E-85.
The BTU per pound contained is no where near the value of Gasoline.

Vehicles with electronic timing will always perform better on Premium fuel, given several tank fulls to set adjustments to the timing and fuel maps.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
June 19, 2022, 03:47 PM
BP758
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:

6.30 reg
6.89 ethyl

Was being funny Roger.. when Ethyl was called supreme… and you are correct - NFW corn can compete..
2) “Ethyl” brand leaded gasoline, a higher octane gasoline sold between 1923 and 1986, now banned in most nations for public health reasons.

Raceless in California!