DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Rotating million races
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rotating million races
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted
With the fling million being moved to Bristol because of the pandemic it got me thinking if Pete and Kyle, and maybe Kyle Riley would rotate their marquee race between the tracks they visit every year. Just something I was thinking since I cant sleep lol

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
I think that’s an Idea worth exploring, but i’m also not in their shoes and i’m sure they have reasons for sticking to the locations they have.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
"If it isn't broke, why fix it" comes to mind...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4452 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
With the fling million being moved to Bristol because of the pandemic it got me thinking if Pete and Kyle, and maybe Kyle Riley would rotate their marquee race between the tracks they visit every year. Just something I was thinking since I cant sleep lol

In my opinion right or wrong. I think the Fling Million has its best chance of actually paying a Million this year! I don't think Vegas was the right place to have it & that's of course in hindsight; my opinion again. I have raced/support this race since it started out here. I'm sure it will have a better payout back East & IMO that's where it should stay. Wherever it's at, it needs to be for the growth/future of the Fling Million!

USA

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Maybe you guys should become promoters and start you own million race. They have them at certain tracks for a reason

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Have any of the other tracks had the overall car counts that Vegas generates? Not just the Million, overall.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Maybe you guys should become promoters and start you own million race. They have them at certain tracks for a reason

Maybe you should let people throw out ideas that could help the sport. They have these forums for a reason

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ideas that other people should do. How about they step up

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We have had a million for years. Only problem is only one has PAID, I think 1.1 million. All the rest just talk a million but have yet to pay.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nobody answered about total car counts at Fling races. I haven't been to any of the others but Vegas is huge. The others probably attract more cars to the big money races cause they have more of them.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They capped it here at Galot at 400. Like I said before only one has paid a million just as they said they would. The rest have just talked.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Kyle and Pete have just announced that starting in 2022 that their fling million races will rotate between east and west coast. Bravo!!

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports