DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Lots of new movies coming out about revenge...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lots of new movies coming out about revenge...
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
With all the movies having in common they revolve around innocent people. What does it say about society? Is it an indictment?

We'll see by the turnout at theaters, is my best guess.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I would hope people could give 2 shyts about Hollywood revenge movies right now..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4453 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I would hope people could give 2 shyts about Hollywood revenge movies right now..

Me included, but it sure looks like Hollywood is capitalizing $$$ on vigilante movies.

Started with Joker. Joker is the villain in that, movie, yet my neighbor said the crowd at the movie theater were cheering him.

That's an indictment on society, when the majority of the crowd pull the vigilante.

3 new ones coming out this weekend

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
For you that say there's no imaginary guy in the sky, who is it you believe takes care of business, if it's not the laws of the universe?

Has Hollywood come up with someone you can believe in, this pig? The pig is pretty brutal in his approach, but to each his is own, I guess.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike, the last time I was to a show house was in Orange County CA to see the Empire Strikes Back when it first came out. I haven’t spent a dime on cinemas since, never needed an Actor and never will.

Posts: 2448 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Me included, but it sure looks like Hollywood is capitalizing $$$ on vigilante movies.

Started with Joker. Joker is the villain in that, movie, yet my neighbor said the crowd at the movie theater were cheering him.

That's an indictment on society, when the majority of the crowd pull the vigilante.

Started more or less with the Death Wish movie series, the original being released in 1974. That series made the vigilante into a hero figure. Since that movie series' success, Hollywood has been riding the vigilante/hero wave all the way to the bank.

Posts: 7 | Location: PA | Registered: June 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
For you that say there's no imaginary guy in the sky, who is it you believe takes care of business, if it's not the laws of the universe?

Has Hollywood come up with someone you can believe in, this pig? The pig is pretty brutal in his approach, but to each his is own, I guess.

Can you point out the nonexistent guy here that said anything about an imaginary guy in the sky?

Nobody here can hear the voices like you do..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4453 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Can you point out the nonexistent guy here that said anything about an imaginary guy in the sky?

Nobody here can hear the voices like you do..

You must've missed it, not gonna mention any names.

My nephew and I were talking months ago, when the plandemic was 15 days to flatten the curve , he was pointing out barely anyone believes in God anymore.

He was saying there needs to be a new God, made me think back to our conversation, when I saw this pig.

I'm good though, Im a minority believer in the one and only God with a son named Jesus.

Maybe the pig can keep the rest in check?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Mike, the last time I was to a show house was in Orange County CA to see the Empire Strikes Back when it first came out. I haven’t spent a dime on cinemas since, never needed an Actor and never will.

I'm with ya, the last movie I sat down for at movie theater, was Cape Fear.

Probably the best vigilante movie of all times, Cape Fear....... or Billy Jack.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie Gotthainer:
quote:
quote:

Started more or less with the Death Wish movie series, the original being released in 1974. That series made the vigilante into a hero figure. Since that movie series' success, Hollywood has been riding the vigilante/hero wave all the way to the bank.

Very True, Billy Jack mighta been a little before Death Wish.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Mike, you must be bored !!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Mike, you must be bored !!!

I still gotta alert my nephew of this new fictional pig god, Hollyweird created.

He doesn't believe in the one and only God, with a son named Jesus.

I gotta ask him what he thinks, if this pig can keep non-believers abiding to the honor system, Freedom.

What are your thoughts, pretty brutal way to police such a simple concept as morality, or western values eh? Smile

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
General Discussion on DRR bracket talk forum sure is going to the dogs... haha Laughing Hard

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
General Discussion on DRR bracket talk forum sure is going to the dogs... haha

Cruz'r notified me he spun in his night time qualifier, said only two FFC cars made it down. Eek

I asked if the two that made were relatively fast early in the run, or did they sniff it out and go A to B, slow.

Should I post his reply here? To spice it up al little here? Confused

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
A man has got to know his limitations Eek Clint Eastwood was one of the best in his time. Also Mel Gibson was neat to watch. Don;t know much about the new ones yet.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
A man has got to know his limitations Eek Clint Eastwood was one of the best in his time. Also Mel Gibson was neat to watch. Don;t know much about the new ones yet.

I say if the Hollyweird concocted pig god is all that works for you, to aid ya in not being a lying, cheating petty tyrant, go with it.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Who is saw mad at and why?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6381 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post