DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone had a new unsigned for UPS/Fedex package stolen yet?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone had a new unsigned for UPS/Fedex package stolen yet?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
1/3 of all people surveyed has HAD A PACKAGE STOLEN AT SOME POINT. That's a lot different than 1/3 of all packages are stolen. Not to mention the fact that only 2,000 people were surveyed and it doesn't say where.... I'm thinking a survey conducted in Detroit will have much different numbers than one in rural Montana. Typical media sensationalism.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU

quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
1/3 of all people surveyed has HAD A PACKAGE STOLEN AT SOME POINT. That's a lot different than 1/3 of all packages are stolen. Not to mention the fact that only 2,000 people were surveyed and it doesn't say where.... I'm thinking a survey conducted in Detroit will have much different numbers than one in rural Montana. Typical media sensationalism.

Posts: 44 | Location: East L.A. , CA | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gasman:
I worked directly in the industry for 31 years! If 1/3 of all pkges delivered were stolen! The company would have been out business!! The company that I worked for has been in business over 100years! They work on very low margins, every pkg lost/stolen affects the bottom line and their stock holders!

31 years ago I could leave the front door of my house unlocked, without worry of theft.

You're getting a little overly emotional about this. I heard the stat on the radio, so I'm definitely not here to debate it's accuracy, although I did provide Evidence in the form of a couple online reports which also indicate theft rates are high, one of the reports I provided even stated 1 in 3 nationwide. If you think you know better than to make arrangements after being in the industry 31 years, than don't make arrangements. Obviously in that case this warning wouldn't pertain to you. No one here can prove the exact percentages of packages being stolen, the point is the percentages are a lot higher today, than 31 years ago LoL.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I thought about putting Dewalt tool boxes in back of truck and having copperheads in them.Figure one way or other the thief would not be stealing anything else any time soon.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post