DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone had a new unsigned for UPS/Fedex package stolen yet?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone had a new unsigned for UPS/Fedex package stolen yet?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
I just heard the statistic one in three unsigned for new packages left by the front door are stolen. UPS/Fedex delivery

Just heard about this! Had a unsigned for converter sitting by the front door all day couple weeks ago,,, told my buddy we got lucky it wasn't stolen!!! It's a rare 9" Cortina core converter too! NOT REPLACEABLE!

Figured I'd pass the info on 33% is a shocking number!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I hadn't heard the 33% number but I've heard that it's really bad. Either my wife or me are usually at home. I watch tracking numbers like a hawk. If neither of us are home I have my neighbors pick up my packages. I wonder how many packages get stolen, and how many simply get delivered to the wrong address. With GPS this shouldn't happen but I see it all the time. Occasionally they (both UPS and FED EX) leave a package at my house for some people who live 1/4 mile away.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had a small business in Tampa twenty eight years and shipped + received quite a bit over those years strictly UPS. I can say I only lost one package. I shipped a 10 FMX clutch pro mod drum to a guy in Augusta GA. I met at Carolina Dragway as a favor/sponsorship because he needed it for his 10.5 heads up car. It never got there but I had it well insured for the ride through UPS. They paid me right away no hassle.

The guy who told me about the 33% stolen rate says nowadays it's a real hassle getting the stolen item replaced but you know with a 33% rate that's to be expected (par for the course).

Blessed we didn't lose our converter not knowing the current conditions out there with a shocking number like 33% loss rate, figured I'd throw it out there.

Definitely make arrangements for unsigned UPS/Fedex packages on your door step.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
You cant blame democrats for acting like idiots they dont have the capability to think for themselves. But if the ***** judges would start cutting off their arms with a dull chain saw no matter how small the offense they would eventually learn. Sorta like a dog learns not to shyt in the house, itd just take longer because they aint nearly as smart as a dog. Second offense cut off their legs.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boucher Jr:
You cant blame democrats for acting like idiots they dont have the capability to think for themselves. But if the ***** judges would start cutting off their arms with a dull chain saw no matter how small the offense they would eventually learn. Sorta like a dog learns not to shyt in the house, itd just take longer because they aint nearly as smart as a dog. Second offense cut off their legs.

Liberals - the globalist communist sympathizers? Yeah well hopefully their space program will produce for them a new planet to inhabit. Before we're overran by their commie decline and the sawing ensues, but I doubt it.

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Back a few years ago when I was an IT manager at Anthem, my group shipped out computers and laptops daily - probably 15-20+ units a day. One day these guys show up during holidays with a truck claiming to be contractors for UPS. We asked for UPS IDs and the guy tries to hand me his phone and tell me his boss is on the line. I told him yeah that makes it legitimate. We found out within a couple of days that other businesses in the same business park had discovered that their shipments were missing. Just so you know it can happen on both ends of the shipment.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Several. Usually this time of year. Had a rash of them stolen this time last year and the year before. ‘‘Tis the season.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Plagued by porch pirates? This NASA engineer set a glitter-**** bomb package.

Will glitter and **** spray deter package thefts? Probably not, but it’s fun to watch...…

Razz

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
POOP BOXES WORK TOO Big Grin

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In the country with a long dark driveway and big dogs is a pretty good deterrent. NRA sign on the fence might scare a few away also.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Another of my packages was delivered to a neighbor last week. This was a neighbor across the road, not the one 1/4 mile away that usually gets my misdelivered packages.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So you believe 1/3 of all deliveries get stolen or misdelivered? Come on! The delivery company is responsible!! That is what delivery insurance is about! If this is true ups would stop DR( driver release) the packages. If its a irreplaceable item. don't ship it if you believe 1/3 of all deliveries are stolen. Some of the deliveries are ups'ed to the post office, then delivered the last mile by the post office, it depend on how the shipper wants it delivered $$$$$.

Posts: 44 | Location: East L.A. , CA | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gasman:
So you believe 1/3 of all deliveries get stolen or misdelivered? Come on! The delivery company is responsible!! That is what delivery insurance is about! If this is true ups would stop DR( driver release) the packages. If its a irreplaceable item. don't ship it if you believe 1/3 of all deliveries are stolen. Some of the deliveries are ups'ed to the post office, then delivered the last mile by the post office, it depend on how the shipper wants it delivered $$$$$.

Here's the statistic I'm making this warning based on. In regards to packages delivered to your doorstep, it only matters what you believe.

I plan on making arrangements to be there, to receive packages delivered to my address.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Never had one lost or stolen. I shake my head when a shipper requires a signature. How exactly do you expect me to be home when it is delivered?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
https://www.wkbn.com/news/penn...-mercer-county-road/
This happened not far from my place. Guessing he was gonna come back later and pick them up or a partner in crime was going to n

This message has been edited. Last edited by: green1,

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They are trying to sell you something! Totally false statement

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Here's the statistic I'm making this warning based on. In regards to packages delivered to your doorstep, it only matters what you believe.

I plan on making arrangements to be there, to receive packages delivered to my address.

They are trying to sell you something! Totally false!

Posts: 44 | Location: East L.A. , CA | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
quote:

How much Evidence do you need for reality to sink in?

Hate the message, not the messenger.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
I hadn't heard the 33% number but I've heard that it's really bad. Either my wife or me are usually at home. I watch tracking numbers like a hawk. If neither of us are home I have my neighbors pick up my packages. I wonder how many packages get stolen, and how many simply get delivered to the wrong address. With GPS this shouldn't happen but I see it all the time. Occasionally they (both UPS and FED EX) leave a package at my house for some people who live 1/4 mile away.

Same here.

My neighbor had a big box dropped off the other day, I watched the guy put the box in the middle of his driveway, so I walked over there and suggested to the delivery driver to hide it up behind a car under his carport. The delivery guy acted as if he hadn't heard packages were being stolen (yeah right). Which tells me these guys could care less, since the theft doesn't impact their bottom line.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I believe everything on internet!!!

quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:

How much Evidence do you need for reality to sink in?

Hate the message, not the messenger.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I worked directly in the industry for 31 years! If 1/3 of all pkges delivered were stolen! The company would have been out business!! The company that I worked for has been in business over 100years! They work on very low margins, every pkg lost/stolen affects the bottom line and their stock holders!