DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    best place to live and race in florida?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

best place to live and race in florida?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For a weekend/vacation home you may consider something on or very close to the water. Crystal River down to New/Port Richey is affordable and centrally located for Gainesville/Orlando/Bradenton. If you're financing do your homework on flood insurance...it can kill you.

Posts: 418 | Location: Gator Nation | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of manny
posted Hide Post
Bracket racing in Florida has become a joke. Don't bother!

Manny Sousa

Posts: 475 | Location: bradenton, florida | Registered: January 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For the he1l of it I just checked Spirit Air from AC to Miami/FT Lauderdale and Tampa.
I found flights for $49.30 each way(less taxes) unless peak time(Friday). That was for travel in March without any discount code.
My son and I flew to Tampa in November but flew out of Philadelphia using AA due to better flight times. It was over three times the cost ,but my son only lost one day of school.

I do agree that Florida is not the best state if you want to bracket race every weekend. It's nice to visit though.

Oddly enough, I live in Atco,NJ and could find a bracket race every weekend during our season with a drive that could take four minutes, or about an hour and half. Atco,Cecil and Maple Grove(RIP E Town).
If you add another 60 minutes to travel time,I can add five more tracks.

My 2¢'s

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
M120 How far you got to go today, or this weekend?????? Wink How you doin Manny?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I have flown Spirit ONCE and will never do it again. Would rather pay more and fly a real airline. Suggest you do some research before booking anything on Spirit.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern, the car nor I is leaving town this week. The Chevelle needs a good looking over,if I can find it! Garage is a mess. It was a decent car years ago but has sat for to long. Frown

Spirit just sent me an email regarding my earlier search,Google knows everything that you do. Anyway, Spirit sent me some good deals.
AC to Las Vegas non stop for $148(taxes and fees included) round trip.
I feel like I need a vacation all of the sudden! I feel like I spend that much in tolls and fuel to get to work sometimes!

I never had a problem with Spirit Air. Spirit always had the best price flying into Florida for me. Just pack light and carry on. I hate baggage claim. Flew Spirit 14+ times in the last 10 years without a problem.

Anyway,don't know much about Florida,but enjoyed my time in Clearwater while vacationing with my son just this past November. Didn't realize it until after the trip,but there's a dragstrip across from the Clearwater Airport. Showtime Dragstrip.
I know nothing about it. I drove by it a few times while there without even noticing it because I was looking towards the airport.

I really have nothing of value to add to the original topic,but I killed some time writing my post!

That is all.

Good night and that's the way it is!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of kingjr
posted Hide Post
just buy my house, all the room you need for truck, trailer, motorhome, boat, etc!!
1 hour to Immokalee, 50mins to Bradenton, 2 hours to West Palm, 1.5hours to Showtime

Posts: 688 | Location: Fla | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kingjr:
just buy my house, all the room you need for truck, trailer, motorhome, boat, etc!!
1 hour to Immokalee, 50mins to Bradenton, 2 hours to West Palm, 1.5hours to Showtime

Where did you dissapear to???

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
wayne is a quitter...he chumped out and sold everything

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wayne is definitely not a quitter and his place is very nice. I know your just joking around but he is battling everyday with a severe illness.I personally think it is one of the most painful I have ever seen. I miss him at the track just as much as anybody but we still get together he is the best and was a great racer. I think out east of Bradenton close to that track is a good spot to live

Posts: 4 | Location: naples fl | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
I would stay up north and in the pan handle area, tracks everywhere in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi. you can be racing for $5000 or so every weekend if ya jaunt up to those places

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
know your just joking around but he is battling everyday with a severe illness.I personally think it is one of the most painful I have ever seen. I miss him at the track just as much as anybody but we still get together he is the best and was a great racer. I think out east of Bradenton close to that track is a good spot to live

ya I didn't know this.last time I saw wayne was about 2 years ago at Bradenton and he helped me out with some stuff.i didn't know he was sick

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
not to jump off topic but I met wayne back in the 2004 range. he had that chopped green dart. thought he fell off the planet? HMMM?

Posts: 8 | Location: any | Registered: June 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post